what breed is she?(pics included)

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by CodyMyGoat, Feb 3, 2009.

1. CodyMyGoat

CodyMyGoat New Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Washington!
    [​IMG]

as you can see, she was stuffing her face with hay so it was harder to get a pic. we think she's a Nubian/alpine but i want to confirm that

2. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Re: what breed is she?

it would help to be able to tell, if you'd be able to post a picture of all of her - would that be possible?

LW

3. CodyMyGoat

CodyMyGoat New Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Washington!

it will be..in awhile. LOL shes in the pasture grazing and she won't want to be bothered

4. CodyMyGoat

CodyMyGoat New Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Washington!

pic is blurry cause she wanted treats. lol

5. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    She looks like she could be Nubian/Alpine. How large is she weight/heightwise?

6. CodyMyGoat

CodyMyGoat New Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Washington!
    she is about 100LBS a few months ago..she is only 1 year old so shes not quite fully grown

7. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Yep...I'd say she probably is Nubian/Alpine--she's got the appearance... and that's around the right size right for a yearling of those breeds. She looked small in the pic--but there was really nothing to compare her to, which was why I asked :)

8. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    She could be Nubian X a lot of things... I mean, her colouring is fairly standard nubian, her ears are obviously only partly Nubian. i have a doe that is Nubian X Saanen and she is like this:

[​IMG]

There's no specific colouring about your doe that says she has to be X Alpine... I'd say there would be a few options there?

LW

9. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Maybe it's just the picture, but she looks a little boxy to be crossed with an Alpine to me. Or is this just me?

10. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I would agree with you, Dreamchaser... she looks a bit short - as though she could have some mini in her? It could be the picture, though...

LW

11. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    she is short bodied.. but her face is screaming alpine to me.. minus the ears that is

12. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA
    I to think she looks "stalky" and to me she looks like she has pygmy in her.

I have a nubian x alpine "Oreo" and here she is ...
    [​IMG]

13. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Yeah, her facial structure says alpine, minus the half nubian ears. But yeah, I'd say there might be a little pygmy in her to give her that thicker look through the body. Hienz 57! *chuckles* I like alpine nubian crosses though. I will probably cross my alpine with a nubian this fall.