The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I would personally give him a shot of banamine for pain then clip it till I see white and his hoof is nice and clean I would also squirt some hoof and heel on it for infection

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
When you trim them, trim that outside wall on the inside toe a little shorter than the inside wall, this should encourage it to roll back over so it is straight. You can only get banamine from the vet, I've never used it for hoof trimming so if you can't get it, it isn't necessary.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can get pretty much anything so that's not a problem :) he doesn't seem to be in pain though. Ran to eat, no limping or anything

·
Banned
988 Posts
Looks like maybe Kiko cross. His hoof doesn't look to awful bad. Don't get me wrong it needs trimmed really bad, but I have a doe that I bought back in the spring that had really bad feet an Im just now starting to get her back up on her toes. He looks like it should be an easy fix.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
While I was trimming his hoofs I noticed they smelled like dead animal. I got most off and he's walking good. But what's the smell?

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
It could be a little rot, or in horses it is called thrush. You can get some iodine or some thrush medication and put on his hooves if you want, but getting them trimmed should help a lot.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts