The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
LOL your pic was loading so slow I saw the chicken first and was thinking ummm that's a chicken, a red star. LOL I don't know nuthin about sheep so I don't know. I am gonna guess Dorper just for the heck of it.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
my guess would be suffolk.:)

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
That's a Shropshire. Here is my (or was my) shropshire ewe.

Attachments

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
Haha! When I saw that I thought of the buck that Crossroads Boers was looking at AI'ing some does to named "Chicken on a Chain" lol here you have "Chicken on a Sheep"!

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
Thanks! And Amy, I believe you are correct, it probably is a Suffolk. I just don't see the bulk that Suffolks have. But Shrops do have wooly heads. Hmmm.

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Yep I agree... Suffolk. I was just the ribbon hander-outer at the sheep show at our fair (how'd I get roped into that?!) and that definitely looks like the Suffolk at the show. But never seen the white snip on any others?

Haha. Hey I found out where the name "Chicken on a Chain" came from! It's a famous rodeo bull! Well how'd the bull get his name you ask? I guess a rooster that was tied to a chain got wrapped around this bull's leg and he drug that poor chicken around all day... "hey let's name that bull 'Chicken on a Chain'!" Good grief...

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Suffolk. It doesn't have a wool cap so that eliminates most other black faced breeds.

A lot of suffolks are becoming a huge framed sheep with out a lot of bulk to them now. Its all the show lines coming in and breeding out the old English look.

·
herd: 2 billies 9 nannies ~ 1 doe expecting ~ 2 we
347 Posts
She is a suffolk ewe. I had one that looks just like her, white on the muzzle included. She was around 9 yrs old when we lost her, but they develop the white on the muzzle just like people get grey/white hairs as they age. Makes on seem wiser sometimes. ^_^

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Cross bred - Wether dam/sire.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts