The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Where did you get them, Like a hatchery or a feed store? I got some from a feed store a few years ago that was some kind of mix breed and they looked like that. But that's just a guess and i dont even know what kind half of mine are haha. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got them from a hatchery... They were overstock birds that were used for heat during shipping... I'm almost thinking they're a white Cornish, they seller has those but not good enough pics to tell... Very aggressive especially for food

·
2,203 Posts
I'm thinking light brahma. Fuzzy feet? If not, I agree with Delaware. Usually Delaware are friendly and ours used to love to be carried.

·
2,203 Posts
Light brahma are a dual purpose bird. Raised in large numbers. Decent breed. They are aggressive and don't do very well in a communal flock with recessive birds.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Those are not light brahmas. I should know brahmas are my fav breed on the face of the planet. I also have like 15 of them looking for more. :) :p

·
2,203 Posts
Those are not light brahmas. I should know brahmas are my fav breed on the face of the planet. I also have like 15 of them looking for more. :) :p
Lol . From the feathering pattern, they look like hatchery stock light brahma in our area. Without seeing the feet I couldn't be for sure.

Still going with Delaware as a final answer though. :) enjoy some good eaters!

·
Registered
401 Posts
So i found my handy dandy chicken book and these are all the chickens that look kinda like those...

image-870144331.jpg

image-4127217597.jpg

image-2691962195.jpg

image-3992038592.jpg

...so much for reliable when i attached them i noticed light brama is in there twice and one of the light brama pics is the same as the Columbian pic (its really just a hatchery magazine)... Not sure how much it will help but ill post them anyway haha

Attachments

·
2,203 Posts
John Cena is just as attractive, family joke or not.

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Delewares. There are no feathers on their feet, so they are not brahmas.

·
2,203 Posts
Old resolved thread.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts