The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Where did you get them, Like a hatchery or a feed store? I got some from a feed store a few years ago that was some kind of mix breed and they looked like that. But that's just a guess and i dont even know what kind half of mine are haha. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got them from a hatchery... They were overstock birds that were used for heat during shipping... I'm almost thinking they're a white Cornish, they seller has those but not good enough pics to tell... Very aggressive especially for food

·
2,180 Posts
I'm thinking light brahma. Fuzzy feet? If not, I agree with Delaware. Usually Delaware are friendly and ours used to love to be carried.

·
2,180 Posts
Light brahma are a dual purpose bird. Raised in large numbers. Decent breed. They are aggressive and don't do very well in a communal flock with recessive birds.

·
2,180 Posts
Those are not light brahmas. I should know brahmas are my fav breed on the face of the planet. I also have like 15 of them looking for more. :) :p
Lol . From the feathering pattern, they look like hatchery stock light brahma in our area. Without seeing the feet I couldn't be for sure.

Still going with Delaware as a final answer though. :) enjoy some good eaters!

·
Registered
398 Posts
So i found my handy dandy chicken book and these are all the chickens that look kinda like those...

Bird Beak Phasianidae Organism Galliformes

Bird Beak Newspaper Organism Phasianidae

Bird Phasianidae Beak Organism Galliformes

Bird Phasianidae Chicken Comb Galliformes

...so much for reliable when i attached them i noticed light brama is in there twice and one of the light brama pics is the same as the Columbian pic (its really just a hatchery magazine)... Not sure how much it will help but ill post them anyway haha

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.