The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A neighbor I have owns 4 horned weathers. They keep getting off his property going through my pasture, coming up the gully onto my other 5 acres where my house is. They keep coming onto my property where my goat pen is, so I pen them up and when it cools down my kids take them to the neighbors and put then back in their pen.
This has been on going for about 3 weeks now, my kids take them back every day, every two days. We have asked them to fix the fence multiple times because I don't know if their Goats are clean, and the fact that a lot of my neighbors planted oleander, and that would kill the goats.

They don't even notice their goats are gone most of the time, they don't say thank you when we bring them back, they don't even seem to care that we brought them back.
The last time the goats were over here I had my kids wait a while before bringing the goats back (2 days), and the neighbors didn't seem to care.

Well the goats are at my house again, they're penned up. Question is, what can I do about it?
They aren't the friendliest goats ever, tried to headbutt my daughter yesterday and stick you with their horns.

What would you do?? I don't have a clue what to do. :help:

·
Super Moderator
58,877 Posts
You can call animal control. You can keep them. You can put them in the freezer and tell the neighbors you have no idea what happened to them IF they even ask.

·
Alpine Addict!
2,264 Posts
Hold them for ransom :D Just joking......well, partly, anyway. Lock them up, send the neighbors a note, and say that until you have a written agreement that they will fix the fence, the goats stay with you. If they care at all about them, they will say something. If they don't, well, I guess you'll figure something out when you cross that bridge. Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
If you have a local animal control the next time they get out call them and have them take the animals back, they will likely write them a ticket. If you don't have a local animal control (some places don't) call the police and complain and ask them what you can do.

·
Banned
988 Posts
Start charging 5 dollars each for everyday that you have them penned up. Send them a Certified letter letting them know that you will be charging a boarding fee till they come pick them up an don't let them have them till they pay. Not sure on how long you can keep them till you can sell them. Find out how long it is an state that in the letter to them an I would also charge them for the Certified fee also an do a return receipt on it also so it shows they signed for it. If they don't sign for it you will get the letter back in 15 days I would keep the letter in your records. But if you have animal control I would be calling them.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
as stated if you have animal control contact them. If not I would tell your neighbor that the next time you find them on your property they will be going to the auction. Let them know this and dont just go and do it

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The goats were back yesterday afternoon, I still have them penned up. Nobody has called or come over. They did come and get them the very first time they were over here, but haven't after that.

I guess I'll call animal control, maybe a ticket will persuade them to fix their fence. The goats are wrecking my fruit trees every time they come over, before I see them to pen them up. :/

·
Shady Acre Homestead
14,283 Posts
I would hang onto them and see how long it takes them to come over. If it's a week or more, slaughter, and tell them you thought they were abandoned since it had been so long you had them.
I would document on it too....

Oh, just saw you have AC....I'd try that route first and explain the problems of them coming over.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts