what color is he?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by goattee22, Jan 16, 2011.

1. goattee22

goattee22 New Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Dayton, TX
    I am not sure what color i should put on his papers...i was thinking gold but he has really dark lower legs and under his fur is dark. And how do i describe all the white? Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Can you get a picture of his face? He looks like he is Brown and white to me. simple ;)

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    He looks like he is a Chamoisee (well Chamois for boys) and then add "with random white" or "white overlay"

4. goattee22

goattee22 New Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Dayton, TX
    here are some face pics but im not sure if they are any help, one is when he was a day old and the other is kinda far.

But isnt a chamois colored goat supposed to have black lower legs or something like that? im new to the nigerians and have no idea really, but i just have seen that before. But this buckling's lower legs are just a darker brown, no black on him.

maybe he is just brown with white, i just wanted to be as accurate as possible or didnt know if there was a specific term for his coloring. Thanks for the replies!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
  6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    He is probably going to turn gold. I have a buck that throws the same colored kids all the time and they always turn gold

7. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    He doesn't really have the dark markings on his face for a chammy.. what color is his sire? dam?

8. goattee22

goattee22 New Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Dayton, TX
    thanks yall! his dam is the white one on the left in the bottom pic, she is a light gold and white in the summer but looks completely white in the winter. the sire is actually the exact color of the doeling on the right in that same pic, a splash of black, brown, and white.

9. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Can 'cute' be a color??
    :love:

10. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    If his dam is white/gold then i'd say for sure your buckling will turn a light gold.

I have some photos of my kids that turned gold on my other computer...they look really similar....when I get back on there I can post them.

11. goattee22

goattee22 New Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Dayton, TX
    Thanks.....and yes please post the pics!

12. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
  13. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC