What color?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Haviris, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    So, what color would you call this kid? He has darker legs, face, and a darker dorsal, he also has a chocolate nose. I'm leaning towards chocolate chamoise, what do you all think? These aren't great pics, but hopefully they'll give you an idea, this one is to show his dorsal stripe,
    And this one shows his darker legs and chocolate nose,
  2. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Check out Deb P Nigerians website - she's got this awesome little page on goat coloring ---

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    certainly a form of Chamoisee
  4. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    I have, but she doesn't have one colored like this listed, I actually did have a chocolate chamoise, but he didn't really look so much like this one, he was more tan/brown and his face was darker, this one is abit more orangie/red body color. But I'm still thinking that is what he is, just a different shade he's got shading in all the right places, but I'm not sure his belly is darker. Just wanted some other opinions before filling out his paper work.
  5. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Hes adorable. He looks like milk chocolate ice cream wth af few swirls of vanilla.
  6. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    he's def a chammy something

or at least a gold and white with faint chamoisee markings
  7. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I had one born the other day that has almost the same coloring, mine is a little more greyish. I couldn't figure out what to call it either. It's some kind of chamoisee, but it's like there is a silver dilute on top of it or something. I think i'm giong to call mine a light chocolate chammy, but i'm not sure quite yet. :shrug:
  8. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Light chocolate chammy, that sounds about right, I think I'll go w/ that! Thanks!
  9. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

If he were an alpine he would be a broken lavender chamoise.