The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my bucks has had really flaky skin since he started to shed about 2 months ago. I've shaved him put pour on ivermectin, permition, baycox and wormed him. He has had 2 baths with dawn soap. He does look better but still flaky. So what is it so I can treat it? The other bucks have a shinny good looking coat.,

image-3080063812.jpg

image-363635530.jpg

Attachments

·
14,615 Posts
How about drenching with several cc Aloe Vera Gel for a week or two?
Do your boys get BOSS? Maybe he could use a little extra.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All I have is the plant. But I have been thinking about trying sunflower seeds. I usually don't grain threw the summer. But can go get some.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys made me fill better if its dry skin that due able. So if its dandruff would there be shampoo that would work good on him. Ive herd about mane and tail shampoo being good for shiny coats

·
Registered
29,911 Posts
could be as stated..dry skin...I used Flax seed and wheat germ in a bit of coconut oil for two of my saanan who just looked scruffy with thin hair heavy flaky skin...seemed to help pretty fast..they ate it right off the spoon...but it could also be mites...pour ons do not work well for mites..ivomec sub Q 1 cc per 40# if the BOSS doesnt seem to help..

·
14,615 Posts
So Cathy, are you getting a bit of coconut oil on the spoon then adding the flax seed & wheat germ to it in one serving then?

Tiffofmo horse products work great on goats, I like to do a weak vinegar rinse.

·
Registered
29,911 Posts
I put a bit of flax and wheat germ in a cup and add just enough coconut oil to make it stick..and serve it off the spoon lol..they dont wait for me to out in their dish lol..

·
Registered
29,911 Posts
I dont measure but I would guess its 1/8 cup flax and wheat together and 1/2 teaspoon oil or them to share comes out to be 2 teaspoons each..I didnt want to start them off with too much..but just that little bit seems to be helping a lot

1 - 9 of 9 Posts