The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
I am not sure what that could be. I recently posted a thread about lice, mites, and dandruff. If you think your goat has lice or mites, this thread could help you.

·
Registered
306 Posts
We recently got blu coat and intersect but I don’t know if it is going to help, any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! View attachment 205998
We recently got blu coat and intersect but I don’t know if it is going to help, any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! View attachment 205998
Where do you live? My goat's are shedding and mine look like this too...my goat Rose always got mites in the winter, maybe because of the coat.. she was Nubian and it would get below zero and they don't get a thick coat, I always had to give her ivermectin for mites.. and I would buy a skin and coat conditioning oil I just poured on her grain. It could be just from shedding it mites... your vet would be able to know...one year my vet gave me a note medication that lasted 5 months. Just one question, do you see any loss of fur that look like circles? That would be wringworm 🤔 not sure of the spelling... but if those are biting mites it could make your goat anemic! I know it's hard figuring this out.. also if you can find just a heavy poll and attach something that your goats can scratch on that's how mine get those big chunks of fur off at shedding time, we lucked out my friend saw a roller huge..looked like a round brush, it was a street sweeper nobody used so my friend got it and it was so heavy that he needed his tractor to take it off his truck..mine love scratching themselves on it..let us know what is going on with your goats fur...later.. check the eyes in case those are biting mites😊

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.