What do April shower bring?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by rebelshope, Apr 19, 2009.

1. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    A new goat of course!

Well I am still looking for a nice, well bred Nigerian doe, but I sort of melted when I saw this girl.
    [​IMG]
    She is half Nubian and half pygmy.
    [​IMG]
    I couldn't name her anything else but April Showers, as we had one all day today.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    hehe -- congrats on her, she looks real pretty. Might be more of a nigerian cross though -- seems like a very popular nigerian color pattern :shrug: LOVE her though

3. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    She's adorable! Stacey I think her ears look really long to be just a nigerian pygmy cross though. :shrug:

4. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    sorry ment to say she looks more NigerianXnubian then pygmyXnubian

That pattern is not pygmy and I rarely see it in nubian -- so I think she has at least some nigerian in her -- could be wrong. Depends if she is registered or not.

Sorry to get side tracked -- I think your goat is adorable no matter what breed mix she is

5. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I understand now, sorry. :oops: All I know is she's the cutest little thing. :love:

6. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Thank you :greengrin:

I know the Nubian part for sure. I saw the mom, but I wouldn't be surprised if the pygmy buck was a Nigerian buck. I was sort of surprised by the colors when I saw them. Their was another doe that was brown and white, she is a sister to April. The other two kid came from a doe with a split teat and I did not want that genetics, but that doe was like April without the white. She was adorable and if her dam did not have a split teat I would have taken her.

This is my first half way full sized goat. At 6 weeks she is already bigger than my 10 week Nigierian. Lol

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yah I would go with a mini mix idea for the father - leaning toward full Nigerian.

she is going to be very striking when full grown

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Awwwwwww....she is a cutie that's for sure....... :love: :)

9. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Her ears are pretty long, lol. I wish they were dropped. Tomorrow I will have to get some better shots of her. She is so much more elegant than the Nigerians, but I just could not capture that today.

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Aww, she is very pretty! Imagine the milk you'll get from April, being half nubi....o boy!

11. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Congrats on the new one! :dance: Enjoy her and have fun.

12. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Swiss markings are seen in Nigerians but I would be inclined to believe she could be Nubian/Pygmy, however she seems more Alpine/Nigerian to me. Beautiful doe either way.