What Do Kinder Horns Look Like?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by MellonFriend, Sep 23, 2017.

1. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

I can't really find any pictures of what the kinder goats horns look like. I ask out of curiosity and to aid in my disbud or not debate. If you could have any of bucks too that would be helpful.

catharina likes this.

2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Are most disbudded?

3. MellonFriend

Yes, When I just do like a google search, I can't find many definitive pictures of what their horns look like. I tried looking at breeder websites since they often have good pictures, but all of them that I looked at disbud. Which makes me wonder, what do their horns look like really?

Is there anyone out there (on this forum) with horned kinders?

4. ArborGoats

ArborGoats Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    [​IMG]
    upload_2017-9-28_10-58-14.jpeg
    *pictures taken from google...*

Well Kinders are a combo of Nubians and Pygmys so my guess is that the horns could be a combo of both breeds, or could head in one direction or the other.... Both seem to a have a wide horn set to me, that when they get long enough want to flare outward and continue eventually curling.

Ideas?

MellonFriend likes this.
  5. MellonFriend

Those are great. Do you know of any doe pictures? All I can seem to find is pygmy pictures.:(

6. ArborGoats

ArborGoats Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    *Again taken from google...*

They look similar to the bucks, narrower, slightly less wide base, and they don't seem to want to flare at the tips as much.

MellonFriend likes this.
  7. MellonFriend

Thanks that's great! I don't know why I couldn't find those myself.o_O