What do u think ? Give me ur opinon

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by myfavgoats, Mar 26, 2009.

1. myfavgoats

myfavgoats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Hey.. I am just wondering that is all. I am just in shocked becuz I have never heard like that . Maybe all of u did it before. Not me..

My friend emailed me and said she wants to disbud the baby bucklings that JUST BORN THIS MORNING. And the mom was induce Tuesday at 4 30 pm.. And They just born this am.. She was saying that she need to disbud them tonite. I said NO NO.. Becuz I already seen their babies. They dont need disbud yet. They are just tired and hutch up little bit and wobbling like newborns does. And They needed vit e capsule anyways.

So what do u think about disbudding that SOON like right after they are born?? That bothers me a lot..

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    the earliest I have ever disbudded is 3 days. I like to wait till they are stronger before putting them through that stress.

If I were you I wouldnt disbudd them tonight

3. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Wow. Not yet :shocked: Wait till they are movin better. 7-10days unless they have big horn buds already then 3-4 just my :2cents:

4. myfavgoats

myfavgoats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Yes I agree with you. I told her to wait. Becuz the mom was induce and it does put the babies thru the stress. I told her to give the babies a break until Saturday or Sunday to disbud them. They are tired and sorta weak. U know.

5. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Yeah I wouldn't do them this early, I would wait a week or so. My vet refuses to disbud anything for me under a few days old. They are just coping from being born etc you dont want to set them back by disbudding.

LW

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    you are very wise to ask......Just be sure ..that they are good and strong before disbuding.... :wink:

7. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I would never disbud the day they are born...7 to 10 days old is best.