The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
That pic must be outdated, or they mean 6 days old... Horns should be at least 4 times that size by now! He is really cute :) Although that stands as a matter of little importance when searching for a herdsire...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking extremely small for 6 months too but he is free on craigslist so I'm guessing the people estimated his age or isn't a recent pic....he looks about 2 months to me in that pic

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
If he is free I would go get him and see how is. If you don't like him you could always sell/trade him for a buck that you like. If the pic is old he probably is a lot bigger now.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got the buck today!:) he looks wonderful for a 6 month old....yes the picture was out dated hes easily probably 100 plus pounds with nice horns and has a beautiful coat i will post pics later!:)

·
1,524 Posts
His legs look crooked. Maybe he just needs his feet trimmed?

You can just breed to get milk and meat and still breed up to improve the over all goat herd. The goal should be to breed to have the kids an improvement over the parents, even if they are just going to be eaten or sold.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
I see a lot of Kiko, especially a first glance, but he is quite Boer in his build as well. He is big!! And very nice :)

I'm questioning the logic behind getting a free buck to breed your does.
You mean the luck? :laugh: It's not everyday that you can pick up a free goat!

·
Shady Acre Homestead
14,283 Posts
His legs look crooked. Maybe he just needs his feet trimmed?

You can just breed to get milk and meat and still breed up to improve the over all goat herd. The goal should be to breed to have the kids an improvement over the parents, even if they are just going to be eaten or sold.
True, you have a point but my mixed goats work for me for now....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts