What do you all think of this idea?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by FarmGirl18, Feb 4, 2009.

1. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I'm a web person, I love designing websites and doing stuff online. So I had this idea...and I'd like some opinions, one of the members mentioned something about it, and it went right along with what I've been thinking about.

What if I made a website that brought together all the goat related links out there on the internet? Breed Associations, registries, forums, links on goat health and management, breeders directory, classifieds, shows and events...just anything and everything goat related that could all be found at one place. Does it sound like something that would be beneficial to folks out there?

This is just an idea I'm throwing out, I'd welcome any opinions! :)

2. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I think that's a great idea! Somewhat similar to Fiasco Farms but without the articles?? I'd certainly mark it in my favorites. :)

3. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    Yea! That sounds so cool!

4. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Sounds like a great idea. :thumbup:

5. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    I would love that Bethany!

Epona, love the sig!

6. sauncy

sauncy New Member

Feb 3, 2009
    KY
    That's a great idea, I would put it in my favorite links, and everyone could share their favorites. It seems like you can search and search for info and then all of a sudden find a site that's really informative. Like this one!!! :clap:

http://www.singinghillsgoats.net

7. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for the imput everybody!! I'm still putting a lot of thought into it, and will definitely let you all know if I decide to take on the project. :)

8. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    It's a really great idea! I also thought about this myself, but with lack of if time, i'm not able to put it together, manage, or update it. But if you or someone can get some time devoted to keep it updated and get all the stuff put together, that would be AWESOME! I would definately go for it!