The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
LD Ranch
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for all the Goatspot members that live in tornado alley. What do you do with your goats when you see a bad storm coming? Do you put them in the basement with you guys or? We don't get tornados but when we hear hail is coming we run and get the goats and put them in our patio area. Just curious.

·
Registered
279 Posts
We don't get tornado up in the mountains and I am curious about it too. Down in the flat land, there could be tornado and we have couple warnings so far the past few days....
But...my goats know to run to their shelter when we get rains, snow and hail. Do you not have a shelter for your goats they could run to?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have a question for all the Goatspot members that live in tornado alley. What do you do with your goats when you see a bad storm coming? Do you put them in the basement with you guys or? We don't get tornados but when we hear hail is coming we run and get the goats and put them in our patio area. Just curious.
I was thinking about this the other day too lol hopefully this doesn't happen very often and it hasn't happened to me but I have a bottle baby that I feel like is my own child ( I love the rest of them too but she is extra special) I always imagine running out in the storm and grabbing at least her but try to get all 8 of them and throwing them in our shelter area which is a cellar built into a hill, not very large but if the dogs are coming so are the goats lol ( in my imagination there was a tornado coming, they stay in the barn for thunderstorms)

This is all my imagination and prob not very helpful to your actual question but it was too close to my thoughts to pass up lol

Sent from my iPhone using GoatSpot

·
LD Ranch
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We don't get tornado up in the mountains and I am curious about it too. Down in the flat land, there could be tornado and we have couple warnings so far the past few days....
But...my goats know to run to their shelter when we get rains, snow and hail. Do you not have a shelter for your goats they could run to?
Yes, they have there own shelter with stalls but its open shelter since its really hot where I live. We bring them under our patio because the patio is huge and we can watch them from our living room. Since we're so close to mexico and the gulf we always find ourself with a hurricane so now we are make plans on what to do with our goats when one hits again.

·
Registered
448 Posts
A good question,we have seen the horror on the news in Australia and one of my first thoughts was what happens to the animals?
Where we live we get Cyclones in summer wet season,just as destructive and scary,we have been through one years ago when we had just moved into our new house.I made husband go out and check on the goats who had a low shelter,they were wet but ok.Over the years when we have had cyclone warnings we have a pen for the goats/poultry under the house,the safest place.Our house has been built to stand up to a category 5 cyclone,scary stuff!,teejae

·
goat girl x0x0
2,478 Posts
I'm so glad I live in an area away from those kinds of things
But if I did have tornadoes etc I would definitely bring them down to the basement

1 - 6 of 6 Posts