Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need your option on my 2 doe's here
The red paint is a march 10 2012 doe, a fullblood
The other solid red is a January 25 2012 doe 94%

Attachments

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
The red doe is more correct as far as her legs. She is also wider and longer bodied.

The paint doe has a better rump, more brisket, better blending into the girth and rear barrel. But she is more upstanding in statue, and longer bone pattern, more of a dairy build to me.

Overall, they both have weaknesses, and strong points.

·
Cedar Hawk Ranch Boer Goats
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay so let me ask you this
what do you think they are both worth in price and if I where to keep one which one do you think I should keep if I where to sell one??
thanks

·
Registered
232 Posts
If it was me I'd keep the red one & sell the paint. I like the longer body on the red, her chest looks better, and is just overall more appealing to the eye imo.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I'd also keep the red one over the paint. She has a bit more mass, bone, and look. Being young, they will fill out more as they mature, but lack the skeletal width to carry a big rack and wide top.

Depending on your goals, you might consider selling both and buying 1 with more mass, width, and bone. The 2 you have are functional and have some good things to offer, but just need more to them to do well in a show situation. I don't know what the market is like in your area, but around here they would be valued around $200 each.

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay thanks
i'm in ca and I think my goats are very nice quality I think they are worth more than just $200 since they are abga Registered and they are high % and FB, and plus the 94% is also bred to a very nice buck
but thank you for your options I really appreciate it

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I agree with the others. I would sell the paint. The red is nicer, overall. As far as pricing goes, what are the bloodlines?

Depending on that, if they are from good linage, $200-$350. If they aren't, $200 would be as much as they would bring.

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The red and the paint are both Rawhide Zepplin Lines
and the red is Thuunder Heart ELR and the paint is Mustang Sally

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The solid red is a thunder heart elr daughter and a rawhide zeppelin great granddaughter
the paint is a mustang sally granddaughter and a rawhide zeppelin granddaughter

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
I would keep the red doe as well. I wouldn't sell them for any less that what donna sells hers for. So that being said, try to get $450-$500 for her, bulk her up take pics, and put her up for sale.
Some of Donna' s show does, she sells for $650-$1000 but they have to be something special.

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Donna??
i'm not selling them anytime soon, i'm going to see what they produce 1st

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Donna Fadel, CnD Boers . You mentioned Rawhide Zeppelin as her great grandfather, your buck William Zeppelin, is the son of her buck Will right?
Anyway Donna sells her does from $650-1000 you have a lot of the same bloodlines as her, right?

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
oh okay, yes I have a lot of those bloodlines, but i'm not buying any more of those bloodlines trying to get away from them to tell you the truth
but keeping the one's I have
my buck is a son of Will

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
and I bought this doe the paint for $750 and she is not showable and not worth $750 I have heard she's worth about $300 at the most,

·
Premium Member- Kansas Goat Breeder
1,004 Posts
Personally I wouldn't own either, because I focus on excellent confirmation and traditional color. Their conformations are off on both, and they have too much color for me. For me, to own a colored animal, it's conformation must be outstanding. If you buy color for color, you're contributing to the problem of lesser quality animals being sold and bred. I won't even breed a goat on my farm if their confirmation isn't up to par. That's when we cull for meat. Not saying that these girls require culling, but I personally wouldn't own then. Not trying to be rude, just honest.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts