The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Well, though I have thoughts on it, I'll let the real judges tell you. :)

I'm just trying to learn about conformation myself.

But I will say I think she looks really sweet and cute! :) What's her name?

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
I don't understand you not getting any hits here.... :confused: Hope somebody says something soon, or I'll be tempted to judge! :laugh: I'm really just learning, so I would prob. get it all wrong, lol.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
I'll do a prelude to the judging that will most likely come. I know Lacie can back it up later!

Pros
*Straight topline
*Length
*Body capacity
*Rear leg angulation
*Straight front legs
*Width between hocks
*High and wide in the rear
*Fairly level rump
*Strong pasterns
*Long, 'dairy' neck
*Teat structure (1x1)

Cons
*Lacks in brisket
*Blends poorly into the neck
*Narrow in the chest and hind
*Might toe out in the front
*Slightly disproportional

I think overall she is a doeling with lots of potential. Her body capacity really grabs me, as does her beautiful topline. Her blending and narrowness are what bother me the most, but I still believe she would do well as a breeder, milker, or show doe. Best of luck with her!

·
2,962 Posts
She is beautiful. I think it is harder to judge the younger ones. She looks to have nice feet and legs which is a problem with a lot of Alpines. She looks nice and level over the topline but her rump looks a bit short and a little steep. I like her depth in the body and she has a nice long neck showing dairy character. She could use a little more extension of brisket. She is a very nice looking doe. Congratulations.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, now I have an idea of what to look for in a buck to breed her to this fall, That was a confidence boost as far as showing :)
Her dam has a pretty nice udder so I hope she does too when she freshens next year(hopefully). I was looking through her pedigree the other day and she seems to have quite a few grand champions in there, which is pretty cool, thanks again!

·
2,203 Posts
Thurls are slightly too far back, and it appears that her rump has too much slope to it for me today.

Other than that she's a powerful young lady! She could also be in an awkward growth stage as well though too. :)

·
2,203 Posts
Her rump doesn't really look to steep in person.. I sure hope she's in an awkward stage, she's REALLY awkward..Lol thanks for your thoughts :)
Right, totally get that! Pictures are NEVER enough justice!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts