The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,
These guy's were born 2 months ago. As far as i know they are all Boer, not positive though. They aren't registered. The chocolate brown one has four teats:( The light brown and white has 2 teats! What are your guy's opinion on them? Pros vs. cons?
Thank you!!
IMG_1433.JPG
IMG_1434.JPG
IMG_1436.JPG
IMG_1438.JPG
IMG_1439.JPG
IMG_1440.JPG
IMG_1445.JPG
IMG_1446.JPG

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you wanting to show them? Use them as wethers for a show? Breeding? What are their weights? If bucklings how do they look from the backend? And the front chest width? Please & thankyou
Nope just wondering if they would be good breeding bucks. Around 30-40 lbs. I will get those pics today! Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
83,113 Posts
Collapsed tube ear is a no, no.
It is a genetic flaw.
Do not use for breeding.
It would be best to wether him.

The other buck looks good.

Boers can have 2x2 or 1x1
The 2x2 if separate is good.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Collapsed tube ear is a no, no.
It is a genetic flaw.
Do not use for breeding.
It would be best to wether him.

The other buck looks good.

Boers can have 2x2 or 1x1
The 2x2 if separate is good.
Okay thank you Pam!! I am curious as to why a tube ear is bad? Sorry, just trying to learn more!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I agree on the tube ear. If you’re breeding for meat purposes it would be fine but not if you’re wanting quality breeding stock or show stock.

2x2 is Fine as long as they’re separate.
At two months old I’d be looking at how quick they’re growing, if you can at their genetic backgrounds. Seeing the front and back makes it easier to tell how they’re build with the bone shape.

I personally like quick growing kids and our quality commercial boer buck was 40 pounds at 8 weeks. To really judge the one without the tube ear I’d let him grow out a bit more and see how he fills out

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If bucklings how do they look from the backend? And the front chest width? Please & thankyou
Hey Moers, So sorry i haven't gotten those pics yet:imsorry: This weekend has been going terrible and I haven't found the time. I am hoping that tomorrow i will (pic)! Thank you for your patience:hug:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So sorry i am late:bonk::imsorry: But here we are.........with the (pic)!!!!!!!This is Vernon (the tubed ear one):
IMG_1457.JPG
IMG_1458.JPG
IMG_1460.JPG
IMG_1459.JPG
Next is Rock (the blonde one):
IMG_1463.JPG
IMG_1464.JPG

1 - 19 of 19 Posts