The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,847 Posts
i think thats one of my favorite things, the way they always find a way for you to pet them, whether it be rubbing their head on you or nibbling on your fingers. One of my yearlings, ruby likes to gently nibble my fingers it always works. Pulling on the strings of my coat or swaetshirt works well too, or pulling on belt loops of pabts.
beth

· Registered
2,847 Posts
Ah yes the fighting. I have two does who growl at the grain bowl. They are kids from last spring so still in the kid pen. They have one big bowl that they all share from. The two does are sisters. Their mom did the same thing when someone else came near her food. Even when the chickens sat under her dish to pick up everything she dropped. Its the funniest thing. I wish i could get a recording of it.
And the noise mom makes to her newborn kids. that deep throaty maaa. its the only time she ever does it, its very quiet and loving.
beth

· Registered
2,847 Posts
So this is the best thread that i found to go along with my goatie experieces this evening. I juat got back in from feeding, i was bending down by the hay feeding getting a bucket or something, and juju (who is noamlly not that affectionate) starts licking me all over my face. It was so sweet, a few minutes later she was still looking through the hay feeder waiting for her turn for dinner and she made this little squeaky maa sound as if to tell me is chrome done yet i want mine.
When i got JuJu last summer she was wild as a march hare. Now she is quckly becoming one of my favorite does as she continues to get more affectionate and more sweet.
beth

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.