The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
554 Posts
I love...
The FLOPPY ears on a newborn MiniNubian (or Nubian, but am partial to the Mini's :) ).
The adorable way that the babies lay their head on your shoulder.
The contented little maa's that they give when they have their tummies full of milk.
The bouncy, jumpy, cavorting of a little kid. But even more fun is when an adult gets spunky! :D
The smell of a newborn goat kid.
The caring and understanding of the goats when you are going through a hard time - I swear they know what you are feeling at least as well as a good dog!
The fun people that the goats bring into our lives
The funny, funny looks they give you when you do something they are not used to, you know, that "what on earth do you think you are doing" look.
The curled lips when they smell or taste something strong (like vinegar).
The silly way they act when the taste cayenne or other hot peppers - rubbing their faces on everything!
The goofy looks they give me when I have to get up at 12 and 3 in the morning to feed babies - "what on earth are you doing out in the middle of the night!?"

All in all I like almost everything about goats (except when they decide to torture me and all gang up by trying to knock me over as they all rush through the gate) O.K. that is funny when it happens to someone else, but is NOT funny when it happens to ME!

· Registered
554 Posts
Oh, when I was out in the barn last night, I was reminded of another thing...

I love the way that they fight for all they are worth to get at a treat! They are so funny if there is one bowl with grain or something in it and they all crowd around it and try to shove their heads in. They are so goofy! The kids around the lam-bar - a bigger bossier kid will have a nipple, get knocked off but still press his head against the nipple and the other kids mouth so they can't drink either. They sure are selfish at times! ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.