1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
1,524 Posts
Wow, nice doe. Good consistancy between dam and daughter. Personally, I like a bit more length to the body, and the front pasterns look a bit sloped, but I sure would love to look out my back window and see her standing there.

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could just be from standing in the grass. She's still got a bit of growing to do. I'll check her out on sat.

She is being sold because my friend kristi doesn't like her because she is a shorty, she's got a very strong mammary system though, but she just wouldn't place against bigger does even with the udder she has.

She milks like her momma though. She kidded in late march with twin bucks and they are over 60lbs now.

·
2,203 Posts
Man if those ribs drop like I think they will, I'll be blown away. Excellent quality FF.

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So you guys think I should buy her? Since Kristi is my friend, she'd let me make payments.
I don't NEED her, but she'd up my milking herd (like I need more carple tunnel!) and the kids might show her next year. And my bucks are always long, tall and handsome! haha, so that should make for taller kids from her.

I'm picking up Barbaro's buck on saturday! His brother went for big money, I'm getting him for a great deal!

·
2,203 Posts
So you guys think I should buy her? Since Kristi is my friend, she'd let me make payments.
I don't NEED her, but she'd up my milking herd (like I need more carple tunnel!) and the kids might show her next year. And my bucks are always long, tall and handsome! haha, so that should make for taller kids from her.

I'm picking up Barbaro's buck on saturday! His brother went for big money, I'm getting him for a great deal!
I would. At least be able to viably use her for a few year and get that quality type from her. See what she's got!

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
She looks awesome to me. Amazing how much she looks like her mother. Gorgeous girls.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Beautiful doe! Her udder is amazing, and so is her pedigree. :) Was that picture taken at the Tehama or Shasta county fair grounds? It looks like one of those, I just can't figure out which one. Or it might not be either one.

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have no idea where it was taken, could be either one, she came from Plymouth,Ca but Kristi shows her goats everywhere.

She milks just like her momma, she is milking 1 gallon a day with the kids still on her, without being separated

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is my other doe pictured last year as a FF. Her name is Moon. She is Babette's half sister. She has the same dad, but she is a year older, and of course out of a different doe.
She is in her second freshening right now.
Here is her pedigree http://adgagenetics.org/GoatDetail.aspx?RegNumber=A001526342

Attachments

·
Registered
29,968 Posts
sounds like a wise choice....I think she is beautiful....

·
Registered
29,968 Posts
wow..beautiful and awesome udder!!!!

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts