The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I know these pictures are NOT the best...I wish I would have taken them 2 weeks before when he looked muscled and amazing but he is in the middle of that awkward growing stage.

Nigerian Dwarf Experts what do you think?

This is Latte, born 04/22/2013 so nearing 2 months of age. His Dam is petite modern dairy style and Sire is old school short stocky dairy type. These pictures where taken with NO Posing it was hard enough to get them as is. Also the side views it isn't quite...level ground where he is at. That being said what do you all think?

Please be very specific on your comments...I am NOT up on the goat lingo for conformation. I am more up to date on what a horse or beef cow looks like :), which is the total opposite on a petite little goat.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
He looks to have good width in front, nice brisket, his rump is steep and appears short, he has depth of barrel and could use some width in the escutcheon (imagine an udder where his testes are, you want that area to have good width for good strong udder attachment) :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He looks to have good width in front, nice brisket, his rump is steep and appears short, he has depth of barrel and could use some width in the escutcheon (imagine an udder where his testes are, you want that area to have good width for good strong udder attachment) :)
Thanks for the comments, I plan on getting some better pics with proper stance on "LEVEL" ground :). He possibly is taking after his mother as far as build. I will post a couple pictures of her below taken the same day as the ones above. She is a very feminine looking doe. I will get pics of her later for her own Confirmation Thread :).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts