What do you think of Daisy's dam's conformation and udder?

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by Sonrise Farm, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Well, here's daisy's dam, Sandy Hollow SU Izzy 3*D. What do you guys think of her? Her udder isn't full in these pix . . what do you think of her udder?

2. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    She is a VERY pretty girl!! I have never shown so I don't know alot about conformation (show wise and all), but I am sure that someone else on here can help you out :wink:

3. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I love her coloring . . . but I like her daughter even more. . . Daisy (my doe, daughter to this doe) goes back to Rosasharn Uni two times . . . I can't wait for February kidding!

4. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I think she is pretty nice, although her udder could use some improvement, she also appears to have loose shoulders and could use some refinement. Like her color though :thumb:

5. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I have a better pix of her where her shoulders don't appear so loose . . . Her show records are ADGA: 1 x GCH, 1 x RsGCH, 1 x Best of Breed, 1 x Junior Champion and then AGS: 1x GCH . . . she was born in 05 . . . according to the breeder she has a nice udder . . . here's the other pix of her . . .

6. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    wow, two totally different pics, the 1st looks like her rump is very flat, and the second looks steep. i love the coloring and the shade of brown. beatiful doe

7. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I think in the first pix the problem is that she looks scrunched up and doesn't seem to have enough weight on her . . . look at her hindlegs in the first pix . . . and then in the second pix she appears to have nicer shoulders and a nicer udder attachment . . .

8. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Her shoulders could definitely be tighter/sharper and she could have a smoother foreudder, better placed teats, more defined medial, and stronger attachments. She's a nice enough doe though and no goat is perfect, what we strive for. . . . did you have an udder pic of her daughter??

9. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    smoother foreudder as in tighter attachment? (I'm still learning . . .)

10. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    In the second pic mostly her foreudder could be more smoothly blended into her barrel (basically her belly). I'll show you a comparison pic. . . . here is Iris's foreudder, see how it blends really smoothly into her belly? It could be a tad longer I suppose but I think that is being very critical. . . .

11. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    There is a way better pic of what a foreudder should look like. . . . look at Poppy Patch website on the senior does, look at Betty Boop, her foreudder is AWESOME! Looks perfect to me. :D I want some udders like that!

Here's the link: http://www.angelfire.com/super2/poppypa ... rdoes.html

12. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    this is the dam to the sire of daisy's (future) kids. . . She is Odeon bred. I like her alot . . . and Daisy's sire is known for throwing does with good medial division and nice teats and generally good conformation . . . I wish she was in milk now to see what she looks like . . . but here's Odeon Honey Blossom.

SS: Covenant Kid's Prince Caspian

S: Dream-Weaver PC Cavalier

SD: GCH Dream Weaver's Caspi Snowflake

DS:MCH Goodwood Royal Tern *S E

D: Herzinger's Princess Buttercup 1*M

DD:prairie Wood Blue Marshmellow

13. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    where is poppypatch? Might reserve a 2010 doe kid from Shining Sand . .. oh, this is blossom's first freshening udder . . . did I mention that? :) look at those teats

14. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Nice doe! :thumbup:

Montesano, WA - they've got some nice goaties!

15. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I like Jane Seymour and Starbucks Suzzie . . . there in WA right? I might buy one from them . . .

16. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Yeppers. I LOVE Jane Seymour, she's just beautiful (to me). Did you mean Dear Abby?? She's very pretty too and she has a permanent CH daughter with an incredible udder. :)

17. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I have a Q... is Daisy's conformation a great improvement over her dam's? Daisy is a half sister to Rosasharn's Witch Hazel . . .

18. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    well we all know i like izzy.. i'm picking up her grandbaby tomorrow!! haha.. i really cant remember at all what daisy looks like... i just know shes like red gold

19. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I think she is an improvement. . . . from what I remember, she has sharper/tighter shoulders and I don't know about the udder but with her sire's lines, it should be improved, hopefully.