What do you think of my Doeling?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by parkinsonfarms, Aug 15, 2011.

1. parkinsonfarms

parkinsonfarms Senior Member

May 10, 2011
    Maysville, Missouri
    Hello,
    I have a five month old Boer Doeling that we plan on keeping. I just want to know what problems she has. I know of two problems already. ONe, She has terrible Teat structure. Two, the pigment under her tail is pink. I have a buck that will hopefully correct these things. What else could be improved in her kids? What are her Problems?

http://postimage.org/image/2bsrognok/
    http://postimage.org/image/13rd4leh0/
    http://postimage.org/image/13r6ig0hw/

and this is a picture of me trying to get her to stand still. LOL that's impossible.
    http://postimage.org/image/13r6ig0hw/

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    If she has terrible teat structure... I wouldn't retain her...but... it isn't my decision to make.... she will have some flawed kids along with some good here and there and you will have to be very choosey with a 1x1 buck selection.... hoping the kids will be OK....but even then she will throw it...
    Also... if she doesn't have "any" dark pigment at all..by now....of at least 75% or close... that isn't good.......she may pass that as well....pigment is important... so they don't sun burn and get cancer...

I know I am not much help... :hug:

3. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    It was hard to tell on teat structure but it looks like she has two on the right?
    That is no problem in ABGA unless they are clustered or fishtail. If they are clearly separated its no problem. USBGA prefers one on each side, however one of my % does has a spur on one teat & was USBGA Gr CH.
    If she is a % doe her pigmentaion is a little iffy. If Im not mistaken % does require 50%. It may come in or might not.
    She is a pretty thing though! What's her name?

ETA She has nice length.

4. parkinsonfarms

May 10, 2011
    Maysville, Missouri
    Her name is Precious. Thanks.

5. Kimmerz Cali Kidz

Kimmerz Cali Kidz Member

Apr 30, 2011
    Elverta, CA
    Wow! She is so light in comparison to her Dam do u have a pic of the sire?

6. parkinsonfarms

May 10, 2011
    Maysville, Missouri
    Yeah. I'm loading the pictures of her sire now. He wasn't the greatest. We ended up selling him about 2 months ago and got a new buck. Her sire had clean 1x1 teat structure but I didn't like him. We have a much better buck now.

7. Kimmerz Cali Kidz

Kimmerz Cali Kidz Member

Apr 30, 2011
    Elverta, CA
    Ahh... Now I see why she's so light... ;) So is he! LOL They are all very pretty, the Sire doesn't look like a PB Boer though. So the doeling I'm assuming is not Registered?

8. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Both dam & sire dont look Fullblood Boer to me. The dam looks to have some Kiko in her by the ears.

9. parkinsonfarms

May 10, 2011
    Maysville, Missouri
    No. She isn't sire was Commercial, and dam is precentage but Never registered her. THe guy we bought her from doesn't remember the sire's reg. no. as he sold him. So we can't get her registered.

10. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    She's pretty :) Hopefully you can breed the bad teat structure out of her.
    I have two red does who have 'eye sore' teat structure. They both were bred to a clean teated buck, and their kids were clean teated other than one kid had a split that was about the cut off for being acceptable --- they both had twins too.
    One of the does placed well in a 4-H show over a really nice doe because he said she had great teat structure.

Of course whose to say it won't come out in their kids...but hopefully not. I love my red does, and bad teats or not, they aren't going anywhere :) I've considered selling the younger one, but I just can't do it....heartstrings...oh heartstrings..heh..

11. GoatJoy

GoatJoy Active Member

Aug 8, 2010
    East Tx
    I raise nubians so the teat structure would be a deal breaker for me...but I really love her other than that... I really think she's quite lovely! :love:

12. parkinsonfarms

May 10, 2011
    Maysville, Missouri

Yeah. I will not let Candy, precious' mom, go. She and her brother where are first goats. Sadly Brutus Died when they were 5 months old. Stil don't know what happened. He was perfectly healthy then he was gone. :( Candy's not going anywhere and I don't think Precious will be going either. She has her mothers personality. :slapfloor: :greengrin:

13. parkinsonfarms

May 10, 2011
    Maysville, Missouri
    If anyone wants I can get a picture of her and her dam's teats. Her dam only has one messed up teat. Well gotta go to bed first day of school tomarrow. I can't believe I'm a Junior. Woooohooooo. :D :D

14. RMADairyGoats

RMADairyGoats New Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Colorado
    I don't know anything about Boer goat comfirmation, but she is a cutie! :thumb:

15. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Hope school went well... :thumb:

Yes ...get a pic of the teat structure.... :greengrin:

16. Dani-1995

Dani-1995 Active Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Greenville, NC
    I'm a junior too!!

She's nice looking, has a decent profile, good depth of rib, good arch and spring of rib, up on her pasterns and she has a good front end. Her bad points are light muscling in the leg, short in her loin and obviously the pigment and teat structure. I'd like to see the teat structure pics.

17. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    she needs more muscling IMO, doesnt carry enough muscle on her legs, but probabaly due to the pergentage. also, she needs a lot of pigmentation on her overall, when you clip her down she should be dark skinned everywhere for the most part. the teats i could deal with , the pigmentation icould not

18. parkinsonfarms

May 10, 2011
    Maysville, Missouri
    Ugh. My school is stupid. They are shaving off time in our first 4 hours of class for the next three or more weeks so they can discuss behavior. YOU KNOW WHAT THAT IS A WASTE OF TIME AND I'M HERE TO LEARN NOT DISCUSS PROPER BEHAVIOR. UGHHHHH!!!

Other than that school was great.

I'll get a teat picture ASAP. Thank you all.