What do you think of my future herd sire???

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by KW Farms, Jul 12, 2008.

1. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Just wanted to see what you guys think of my nigerian dwarf buckling. He's going to be one of our herd sires next year. Not the greatest pic, but gives you a pretty good idea. This pic was taken at 1 week old. He's a big boy!! Sooooo, what'd ya think??

2. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    He's so handsome! I love his coloring!!!

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    His color pattern I like....but I really like his "dairyness"! You should definately get some gorgeous kids out of him!

4. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I know little about dairy goats but he is totally charming. His color is great and he has a look at me attitude. Good luck with him.

5. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    He looks nice, looks like good angulation in the rear legs so far. Love his coloring. . . . :)

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Oh, forgot to ask. . . . what would you call that coloring? Dilute broken buckskin or something else? I'm trying to get these Nigerian colors down. . . we raised Pygmy goats for several years and the Nigerian colors are A LOT different, which is a good thing. :)

7. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    On his papers I put white w/ light buckskin markings and roaning. He is definately a light buckskin w/ roaning and then the white pinto. His rrump has that solid creamy buckkin color. He is definately a colorful little guy for sure!

8. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    He's a pretty guy!! What does his dam look like?

9. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Here's a pic of his dam. She is a light buckskin w/ white markings and the sire is a black mostly white pinto. Not the greatest pic, she was shaved just the day before.