What do you think of (some) of my does???

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Muddy Creek Farm, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Here is Faith (milked out) she is 4 years old.

[​IMG]

Ginger (milked out) 2 years old. Her pasturns are not week like they appear, she is HORRIBLE while being set up.
    [​IMG]

Tell me what you like - and don't. I am ALWAYS up for learning something new!

2. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    they are both very nice i do like the first one a little better than the second one & don't really know why :) she just stands out to me.

3. bigoakfarm

bigoakfarm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Kentucky
    They're both pretty girls! I like Faith better but I am partial to the bigger, more powerful does. I guess it's because I'm not particularly "refined" myself. LOL. :slapfloor:

I would be proud of them both. :hi5:

Kristen

4. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Thanks Kristen, I am still trying to find the "look" that I like. I really love Faith and then I love Ginger too. Heck I don't know!! :scratch:

5. hornless

hornless New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I prefer Faith, she is so deep and looks like she would be really wide, and is looong. Ginger looks so much like her dam though- right down to their FF udders!

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I like both girls, though the first does stand out more with her color!

7. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    i am like kristen i like a goat that is not fragile looking. my alpines are very big compared to the ones i have seen down south but i like the big girls.

8. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I like both. Faith is more smoothly blended and has better body capacity but Ginger has more refinement. I think Ginger has a prettier neck and head than Faith.

In my book both would be keepers.

9. bigoakfarm

bigoakfarm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Kentucky
    LOL...what an understatement, Fritzie..... Fritzie's Alpines are h-u-g-e and still so very correct. I would love to reproduce those proportions but in miniature with my ND herd.

Chelsey- there's no reason you have to find only one body style and settle for that. You can have an all inclusive kinda herd! We'll all be saying "well that goat has a little bit of everything. HAS to be a Muddy Creek nigie." :thumb:

Kristen

10. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Well thank ya Kristen :greengrin:

I am happy with both of them, although Ginger likes to look like a little roach when I am setting her up :roll:

11. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Boy don't I feel your pain on setting up does who refuse. I've got some of those. The ones I have never take a decent photo either. :p

12. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Gahh! I know what you mean! I love having a good photo of them just to look at, so my goats get "wrestled" with until I get a descent phicture LOL.

Here is a pic of when I was leading Ginger out for her session. She is so naughty!!

[​IMG]

13. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Boy I really do feel your pain. I work with them and walk them for a while to try to set-up again and some just fall to the ground and cut flips. They'd rather gag themselves than stand. I normally don't keep them if they show out that bad. I have one right now who's just like that. She's new and I'm really hoping we can break her of it. Number one thing she needs is to be removed from her dam. It makes me think of a child in a store with their mother and they get away with murder and show out like a real brat, and their mom lets them. Literally they walk all over their mother. So I'm taking her from her dam today. She's 6+ months old so its not like she "needs" to be with her either. :p Wish me luck, I'm going to need it.

14. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I like Faith better, she has better general appearance, she is longer in body, more level over the topline and she has a nice rump angle(her fore udder appears quite smooth also, but she is milked out of course) She is not as refined as Ginger is.

Ginger is also very nice, very dairy, more uphill angulation than Faith, her withers don't blend as smoothly with her neck though, although they are still nice.

15. gnomes'n'goats

gnomes'n'goats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Under a mushroom
    I like Faith- that girl's got substance!

Ginger looks very delicate and dairy like my alpine, Lena.