The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a new boer doe and I found these for sale. Which one do you guys like better? I Love the red doe but idk how good her conformation is.

image-3924536210.jpg

Doe 1

image-90244248.jpg

Doe1

image-506835019.jpg

Doe2

image-4111795879.jpg

Doe2

image-3344755144.jpg

Doe3

image-2451757390.jpg

Doe3

image-3152425152.jpg

Doe4

image-1507670563.jpg

Doe4

image-2127902541.jpg

Doe5

image-4226260004.jpg

Doe6

image-3169590999.jpg

Doe6

image-1148896493.jpg

Doe6

image-726947118.jpg

Doe7

image-3055396593.jpg

Doe7

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Doe 6 has the best and flattest topline. it us a topline right? They all seem to need a thicker brisket. This is my first time doing this, sorry if im wrong. The loins look pretty good.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Doe 5 and 6 are my personal favorites. They have nice blending throughout the neck and shoulder and show the best conditioning through the loin and barrel. I do like the red doe as well, she would be my 3rd choice.

·
Registered
132 Posts
It really is a small world isn't it? Especially with the internet and online forums. I like them all but they are from my farm so I guess I could be a little partial haha. Since I took those pics I have upped their feed and they are looking even better than they did in those pics. If you are close to me I would be happy to show them all to you in person. Also have the sister to Solar Flares(Paint Doe) that is in our show string that you are welcome to look at. I had a hard time picking out my show string because all the kids are so close to eachother. That last doe has changed the most in the past month. When you see her in person you won't believe its the same animal. She was just at an ugly stage in those pics apparently.
Doe 6 just got sold yesterday and there is someone that has spoken for Doe 2 and is coming tomorrow night. I do have some I haven't washed, clipped and listed yet and was waiting to see how they look now that they are all on better feed and more of it. Feel free to email me or call me with contact information from my site if you would like anymore information on them.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Here is another picture of Roses are Red for reference
RosesRear.jpg
I also have video of Roses that can be seen on the show results page on my site. The number 2 doe which is still available. The people that came today decided they wanted a different age group and took no 7 instead. Also have videos of #4 and #5. #5 just had a bad picture that makes her top look like that and I didn't realize it. Video is way easier to judge anyways. They are all posted on my sites for sale page. If you click on the top of them and go to you tube you can increase the quality.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I think they are all beautiful and any of them would be a good addition to your herd. I'm on my phone so its hard for me to compare them now. I will try later

I say go look in person and see what strikes you as the best fit. Remember, level, good volume (length, width and depth) and a well balanced look is usually the makings of good goat. But really, you can't go wrong with any of these girls

1 - 20 of 33 Posts