What do you think of this buck?

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by SkyesRanch, Nov 19, 2010.

1. SkyesRanch

SkyesRanch New Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Stephenville, Texas
    Im thinking of emailing these people to see if they would be interested in selling him. What do you think of him? Be honest!!! His name is Good Measure Pedro. I know Good Measure had good animals before they went out of business. I just want to know what you guys think his faults are? No goat is perfect... Thanks! :)

Attached Files:

2. Hidden Waters Farm

Hidden Waters Farm New Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine
    I wanted to say I LOVE how think his beard is, However I know nothing about Nigerian Dwarf (right?) conformation.

*Typo

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    He looks alright. Long, looks level, but in my opinion he has to much of a uphill stance (from the photo), good rear leg angulation...do not like the front legs on this guy at all. He could use a more extended brisket too. I personally would like to see some "pasture" pics of him just walking around. Also, the udder of the bucks dam is the first thing I look at before even considering the buck. How are this buck's daughters as well? Just some things that should be considered. ;)

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Overall I think he's a nice looking boy! Nice and long, very dairy character, he seems to be "too squatty" in the pic but that could be the way he's being held...a bit too much angulation in the rear leg and he's not set squarly on his front feet..it seems like he's almost on his pasterns instead of strongly set. Seeing his kids as well as his dams udder would be a good start as far as making an offer on him.

5. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I definatley don't think there is to much rear leg angulation on him...especially since he's set up in that photo. I would say he's just about perfect in that department. Just my opinion of course.

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Maybe it's his "uphill" form that has me seeing too much :? IDK...I'm definately not as educated in these things as most breeders are, I pretty much go by wow factor and udders :wink:

7. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    well his fromt legs look horrid.

i'd ask for better pics

8. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Yeah, deff need better pics, when they aren't squashing him down like that. Weird!

9. SkyesRanch

SkyesRanch New Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Stephenville, Texas
    Not even going to ask for pics... I don't know what I was on when I thought about this buck. Lol :laugh: I hate his front legs, so he is less then perfect. I haven't bought a buck in a year so I guess I have buck fever... My buck in perfect in everyway, he has a WOW pedigree, awesome conformation, and produces excellent animals. I am haveing trouble finding another buck that I don't think is less than perfect. Sorry for the pointless post guys! Thanks for your imput though! :love: :hug: :love:

10. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    It wasn't a pointless post at all. If you have a question we all are here to help. That's good you are being picky about a future buck.