What do you think of this doe?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by milk and honey, Nov 23, 2010.

1. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    I found this girl on craigslist.. she is 4 years old, ND, has kidded twice with triplets both times.. she's not bred and is 100.00. They said she has been a good milker, with 3 cups per milking at peak. These pics are from last years utter.
    Thanks
    Heidi

Attached Files:

2. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    For the price, not bad. I would take her. She's not perfect but for that price you could do a LOT worse lol

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I'm assuming she's not registered with that price....She has a nice dairy look to her, level and her rump isn't too bad, could use a tad more angulation in rear legs. Udder could use a higher rear and better medial, teats are on the small side but that can be improved with hand milking and progressive freshenings.
    She is flashy...for that price, if she's the type you are looking for, I'd grab her.

4. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Remember I raise boer goats but I think she looks good and for only 100 dollars I think it is a good deal. Maybe I am wrong but thats my thoughts

5. Paige

Paige Senior Member

Oct 14, 2010
    ohio
    Snatch her up! For that price, she is a steel!

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    IS three cups per milking a once a day or twice a day milking. If it is only once a day - you are going to spend more in feeding her for little production. If it is 3 cups twice a day at peak - for 100.00 then I would say go for it - you might be able to increase her milk with a strong lacation grain.

7. milk and honey

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    Thanks for all your input... now, somehow I just have to convince my husband that I need her...

8. Paige

Paige Senior Member

Oct 14, 2010
    ohio
    Tell him it would be an early christmas present!

9. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    She's cute and if you aren't interested in showing or anything she could make a pretty nice milk doe.

10. milk and honey

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    Hey, guess what, she is registered... AGS dont know about her pedigree or anything, but that's cool.

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I have to agree with liz on all her weak points. I first off noticed her lack of rear angulation and weak pasturns.

But she isnt all bad and for 100.00 registered you can breed her to a better buck and get much more potential kids. I would go for it

the early Christmas present sounds good to me! If I could convince my family that goats were a good present then I would ask :p