Teat shape is good
teat placement is fairly good
something about her udder shape bugs me
Medial looks good
lacking in rear and fore attatchments

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
She looks like a fairly nice doe. For the LA score, it went from ++VV 85 to ++VA 80. Reason for the drop in the final score is her mammary system score got less points on the second LA. She went from good plus in general appearance, good plus in dairy character, very good in body capacity, and very good in mammary system, to getting a score of good plus in the general appearance, good plus in dairy character, very good in body capacity and acceptable in mammary.

So the score went down because of her mammary, the appraiser scored her in the 85-89th percentile the first time, and the second appraisal, she scored in the 70-70th percentile. (She was appraised under two different people though, and they were a year apart.)

·
Registered
17,285 Posts

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
She would be a good brood doe but not sure about showing.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Where in CA are you? What are you willing to spend? I could help you look.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Im central ca. Ideally $500, but I want a doe that can be a champ, and i probably wont get that for 500 bucks. I found a doe from gryphon tor that seems pretty nice. she has a LA score of 89. She is the second goat down on their for sale page...

I am in central CA too! I definitely think you can do much better than the first doe.

Are you okay with a kid or do you want a milker? How soon do you want the goat? If you want to send me an email directly I can send you to a few friends who have some very nice doelings you might be interested in or kids for the spring.

·
375 Posts
She's nice but if you are looking for a CH then she may not be the way to go :)
I would check out Castle Rock and DesertNanny, I have animals from both these farms, LOVE them! They are great for production and showing. Alethia Homestead and Trilogy Ranch have really nice animals but they are pricey. Grass Valley and Sierra Aspen Ranch have very nice animals as well. I will have a lot of nice, show quality doelings for sale in the spring. I will be adding an exciting new buck to my herd this weekend as well! Anyway, good luck in your goat shopping! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts