What do you think of this ND buck?

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by milkmaid, Feb 13, 2011.

1. milkmaid

milkmaid I'm not addicted - I'm in love!

2. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I'd snatch him up! His dam's udder looks beautiful to me and that price is a STEAL for those genetics. Photos of daughters would be nice but he may not have any that freshened yet.

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I have his full brother, different litter. The genetics behind him are superb. $300 is a really good price and I wouldn't be surprised if he sells quickly. Iredsh Rose has a pretty darn good udder, being a daughter of Wedding Song, this is no surprise. Wedding Song, being one of the greats, is one you want to have in your genetics. The udder and milk quality is top notch.

I know Sue repeated this litter 2-3 times because it was so good and after talking to her I was very pleased to get the buck I have now. She was very impressed.

Honestly, this buck would be near ideal if you're looking to add more dairy to your kids. Like Olivia said, i'd snatch him up quick. Let us know if you do. ;)

4. milkmaid

Thanks for the replies! He was put up for sale several days ago, so he may have gone already, but I will ask when (if) I call in the morning.

5. milkmaid

We are picking him up tomorrow afternoon! :leap: Well, now I guess my other buck has to go. :( We weren't planning on keeping him long anyway. These goats! You can't live with 'em, and when the time comes to part, you realize you can't live without 'em!

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congratulations!! He looks like a really nice boy! I hope he brings the udders behind him to his girls :leap:

7. milkmaid

8. Paige

Paige Senior Member

Oct 14, 2010
    ohio
    I love his coloring! Looks just like a little ober! :drool:

9. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Congrats!! ...I think you'll be pleased with what he has to offer your herd!

10. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Congrats!! I really like him! Maybe we could do some breeding in the future (or may buy him after your done using him (were not too far from you!). I love his lines and his build and he is just soo so gorgeous!

11. milkmaid

Thanks everyone! GotMyGoat, I might offer breeding service. Haven't made up my mind on that one yet.

12. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

LUCKY!!!

Hes amazing!

Congrats

13. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

I am seriously considering buying him from you after your done with him (when ever that might be xDD) but breeding service is good too. Probably not till fall though, if I have any does to be bred then. :)

14. milkmaid

Well, we brought him home! :D
    Thanks Laura!

15. Congrats! He is a beautiful boy!

16. milkmaid

Thank you! He's the friendliest goat we've ever had that wasn't born here. He blubbered at me when we were first introduced. Not at all flattering. I think he smelled the does. :)

17. mnspinner

mnspinner New Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Congrats! I had his half brother. Beautiful conformation on kids but the only drawback for me was legs short in the canon bone.

18. milkmaid

Thanks! I am still very much a beginner on this conformation thing.