The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
I'm considering buying this doe. I really like her, and I think she will bring a lot of good stuff to our herd. I'm planning on going to see her soon. She is registered with the ADGA and her name is Rarebird Farm Diamond. I looked at some LA scores on both sides and they looked good to me! In the mid 80s for all some dams as FFs! Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something super obvious that would make her a waste of money. Lol
Also, her dam has 4*M!!!

Thanks in advance!

These are her FF udder pics
7FB570BD-A4F0-4AC0-9FDE-04B53CF2C62B.jpeg
0A27C613-66AB-48A6-B78D-A13686C5F563.jpeg

And these are some more recent pictures. She was exposed and the breeder believes she is pregnant. I think she is due 1/25/2021. The buck she was bred to (Top Hat Farm LX Purple Rain) had pretty good LA scores too. :)

7AECB0CF-B362-4FC6-B1E2-46D20476A18A.jpeg
30C75EC2-7DA6-4F5B-8593-122C9EAE69D5.jpeg
FA62D9A7-E7C9-4A85-8CE1-0BFC2BAD8785.jpeg

Thank you so much in advance!!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Personally, I really like her since she is very long and has a nice teat size (for me). And, I think she’s a bit bigger than some of my others NDs which is good since mine are small. I think she looks better in some pictures compared to others. I think her rear leg angle looks great in her FF pictures but it’s harder to judge in the last pictures. I wish she was shaved so we could see her attachments, but I will try to feel for them and see more of her when we go to visit.
Thank you everybody in advance. :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
I really like her length and rump, she could have a tighter front end, more stature and more levelness over the top line, but she has nice width in the rear as well.
Do you know how many hour fill she has in her udder pictures? Also, is she dry in the recent pictures?
She has a prominent medial, but I don't like the way her teats point outwards. I'd like to see a higher rear udder and a longer fore udder along with a more open escutcheon. Regarding the rear leg angulation, I think she is ducking a little in the Ff udder pictures because her rump looks steeper there than it is in the pasture pictures.
I think she's a nice doe. I'll look up the buck she is bred to.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Looking at Diamond's dam's LA score, I can see that she also had a low rear udder and low stature, but she was a very dairy doe. She also had tiny teats though so Diamond's must have come from rhe sire's side. She was ranked in the 22nd percentile for milk production. Diamond's sire's dam was ranked in the 98% percentile though and has her SG.

The buck Diamond is bred to has a nice dam. She is more powerful than dairy and her top line could use improvement, but she has a very capacious udder. Her teats also turn out and she could have better attachment, but she does have rear udder height. The buck himself is very long and dairy with stature. I think it is a good cross.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking at Diamond's dam's LA score, I can see that she also had a low rear udder and low stature, but she was a very dairy doe. She also had tiny teats though so Diamond's must have come from rhe sire's side. She was ranked in the 22nd percentile for milk production. Diamond's sire's dam was ranked in the 98% percentile though and has her SG.

The buck Diamond is bred to has a nice dam. She is more powerful than dairy and her top line could use improvement, but she has a very capacious udder. Her teats also turn out and she could have better attachment, but she does have rear udder height. The buck himself is very long and dairy with stature. I think it is a good cross.
Thank you so much for doing all this research into her! I'm still learning all the ADGA terms and how to navigate the site, so I really appreciate all the help you've given! :)

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really like her length and rump, she could have a tighter front end, more stature and more levelness over the top line, but she has nice width in the rear as well.
Do you know how many hour fill she has in her udder pictures? Also, is she dry in the recent pictures?
She has a prominent medial, but I don't like the way her teats point outwards. I'd like to see a higher rear udder and a longer fore udder along with a more open escutcheon. Regarding the rear leg angulation, I think she is ducking a little in the Ff udder pictures because her rump looks steeper there than it is in the pasture pictures.
I think she's a nice doe. I'll look up the buck she is bred to.
Thank you so much! I'm not sure how many hours she was fresh in her FF udder pics, and I'm not sure if she is dry in recent pictures. We are hopefully going to see her on Tuesday so I will find out if she's dry then!
I'm not exactly sure when she kidded. Her breeder said she kidded a single buckling, and I couldn't find anything under her progeny, so I'm assuming he was sold as an unregistered buckling or a whether.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We paid for her in full! :) We hope to go back to pick her up soon. We have a receipt in case something goes wrong, but we have known the breeder for quite a few years and she has my trust. :)

She looked much better in person than in the pictures! She is very long, and from what I could tell, she has very nice rear leg angulation. I was really appreciate of the breeder as she told us exactly why (in great detail :) ) why she was getting rid of her. She is keeping her cousin. We both have different breeding goats, and while Diamond doesn't quite fit into her breeding goals, she fits right into mine. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts