The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into buying this girl. She sounds amazing she's nursing 2 babies and still giving half a gallon a day. She's a yearling Nubian. I think her udder looks great (maybe not as attached in the rear as it could be), but I'm totally new to this so I want to know what people think. I'll include the picture where it looks like she is saying "Look how pretty I am. Take me home!"

Thanks
Beth

Attachments

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Nice teats and strong medial ligament, but her rear udder should be higher and wider. I have no idea about the fore udder as there is no picture, also how many hours is the fill on this goat?

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Nice teats and strong medial ligament, but her rear udder should be higher and wider. I have no idea about the fore udder as there is no picture, also how many hours is the fill on this goat?
Agreed!
It doesn't look to be anything past a 7 or 8 hr fill.
How old is she?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These are the only pictures I have right now. I'm not sure how long the fill is. She's milked once a day in the mornings and is with the babies all day.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She's a year old. I'm not sure what time the pictures where taken. I'm just looking for milk for my family so I don't need perfect. Do you think the rear attachment is so bad it will cause problems?

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
She's a year old. I'm not sure what time the pictures where taken. I'm just looking for milk for my family so I don't need perfect. Do you think the rear attachment is so bad it will cause problems?
Deff not!
If you're looking for milk for your family and nothing fancy I'd say it's perfect:)
Her milk production should get better as she gets older also:)
Around here a gallon a day is what is great for us.
If she's being milked getting half AND has kids, I think that's great:)

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'm new to the whole milk goat thing, but I think she would be fine for a family milker. Sounds like she's producing pretty well for a Nubian, especially being her first year. :) I know that an udder with better attachments is supposed to hold up longer, but like I said, she should be fine for just a milker. I say if you absolutely love her, then get her!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's what I thought. It's kind of hard not to fall in love with that face! Now I just have to find her a friend!

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
That's what I thought. It's kind of hard not to fall in love with that face! Now I just have to find her a friend!
Look at those ears too!!!!
Her ears and eyes were the first thing I noticed. Her ears are like I hear everything an I hear you saying I'm coming home with you!:) lol
& her eyes are just like I see in my near future I'm coming to your house.
She just looks so sweet and innocent :)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
She's really sweet looking!! Her udder isn't too bad either. I would go for it!!:D

·
Registered
718 Posts
Can I have a standard goats teats somehow grafted onto my ND's??? PLEASE??? LOL One of mine has decent teats... but the other (2F) is still on the small side. My hands get SO cramped up milking them! I know it'll improve with time (my hands got lazy in the last 3mo of no milk)... and it'd help if I were milking in the evening instead of morning, when my hands arent awake yet... but yeah. I was young doe's teats would get bigger with her second freshening... but so far, not too much improvement. How long does that usually take? Babies are 3weeks old. Will it get any better, or is this what I have??

Sorry... not meaning to hijack. :/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts