What do you think of Thor?

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by AlaskaBoers, Jun 12, 2008.

1. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    this is thor, fullblood boer buck, just turned three, this was him yesterday eating dinner. sorry no face shot, how do you think he would do in a show? conformation tips please! :) --sorry no front or back pic either! --will be coming though...

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I have minis so I guess I'm "dumb" with the meat build...though he does look to have some bulk to him and has a fairly level topline, it' s possible it's the way he's standing but he does look a bit steep in the rump. As I said, I have ND/Pygmy....I know what they need to be like though I don't show. He looks as though he's a good choice as a herdsire ....meaty kids! :)

3. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    I was waiting for the front and rear shots and perhaps a more natural side pose to critique. He definitely has some mass to him but I can't tell much else from the shot. He appears to be a bit shortsided but could be from the way he's standing. And even if he is its one of the easier things to disguise somewhat in the ring. Just set his feet a bit farther back.

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    k, thanks, i'm taking pictures tonight so i'll get some better ones, when he's not eating (when will that be!? :roll: )