What Do You Think???

Discussion in 'Meat Market' started by goatnutty, Feb 24, 2008.

1. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    What do yall think about these peoples goats.They live like five minutes away and I'm cosidering buying one.What do you think of there prices?
    Here's the website http://www.johnsonfarmboergoats.com Thanks,Sara

2. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I didn't find anything about prices, where is thata page?? They have pretty goats imo.

3. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    California
    Great looking goats. Are you get a goat to show or something else? Shelly

4. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    They are very nice looking animals....they will be very pricey though...just from looking at them, looks like they are a big show family.....If I had the chance, I would buy from them.

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    they have really nice goats. Are you thinking about getting a doe or a buck to show? I think it would be worth it.

6. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I want to get a market weather for 4-H.I currently don't have any boers so a buck would be useless.They are in Guilford,Indiana 47022

7. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    They are absolutely STUNNING!! These are definitley high quality animals with very impressive pedigrees. Read big money.
    There are a couple of Boer sales here in wa where they sell 4h wethers for $100.

8. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I think that a wether will be cheaper than bucks and wethers...I would deffinately go for it.

9. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    They won't sell me one! :cry: They said they want to wait and sell them as herdsires :veryangry:.They are in 4-H with me so I thought they would sell one but I guess not.

10. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    California
    Sorry. Herdsires do sell for more money :roll: . How old are the kids(goats)? They may end up wether some and selling for market projects. Good luck with your search. Shelly

11. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I found another place with babies that were born in December.They are weathers that have been dehorned,utd on shots,wormed,& tagged for $75.I will be picking him up any time now and I can't wait. :dance: I will be posting another post to count down to then and to let eveyone know because I'm so excited.(Did I mention I was excited? LOL)

12. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
  13. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    What happened to the edit button?

Anyway just wanted to say sounds like you got a great deal, good for you!!

14. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I posted a new thread titeled: Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. It is about the goat that I"m getting and will have picks when I get him.