The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
He has great pigment and good bone. Looks like he is pretty level along that topline too. He has a lot of growing to do, but I wouldn't show him until he fills in a little more. He could use quite a bit of width, and I don't like how his shoulders/rib rack are so narrow. His twist or the muscle on his back end could be longer/bigger too.

Is he registered? Is he fullblood Boer? He is definitely a cute little fella. :)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He is full boer but not registered I wouldn't be showing him I am using him to breed my doe who is full boer I was just curious of his good qualities he is such a sweet boy! I just love him and I love his color I am trying to get a better eye for confirmation so I know what animals are worth spending the extra $$$ for I hate spending a lot money then finding out the goats confirmation is terrible or they have big flaws as they get older after I am totally in love with them plus dont want to breed and not have good off spring unfortunately that happened with my first 2 does me not knowing enough I ended up with terrible udders and a fragile doe

·
14,615 Posts
Well, you are aware that Boers don't hold a candle to dairy when it comes to udders & teat size/placement. ;)
Your boy is fine. If your girls are registered & he isn't you wont be able to register any off spring.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, you are aware that Boers don't hold a candle to dairy when it comes to udders & teat size/placement. ;)
Your boy is fine. If your girls are registered & he isn't you wont be able to register any off spring.
Oh my does are dairy I have 1 boer doe and 1 buck just because I love the breed when I show (if) I will be showing Nubian and or Nigerian I didn't post my Nubian buck be cause he is only 6 weeks so he won't even be ready for breeding till next yr and my one Nubian doe has been shown before so I know where she ranks hoping to get 2 more Nubian does

1 - 5 of 5 Posts