The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
see what i mean about getting papers? i would get the older buck as he has his papers and he looks pretty good albeit his feet need trimmed, but both need trimmed imo. i like the black and gold coloring as well. the horn situation is this: the younger one has horns that stick straight up which is not good for other goats or people too many accidents with that kind of horn. the black and gold buck has horns that lay flatter and thus not as much of a danger. you say the older one is a proven breeder what do his offspring look like? if the previous owner lost the papers on the young one does he have a tatoo because you can get the info you need for new papers from adga if he doesnt have a tatoo then i bet he may be registerable but never was. but despite his blue eyes i wouldnt take him because of his horns.that's my opinion.

·
Registered
637 Posts
New here and but want to say I fully agree. I have unregistered does and when I breed I will be looking for a registered Buck.
All things being equal (between 2 bucks, not money wise I would pay more) I would choose the registered one- as the kids will be worth more when I go to place them....or even, easier to place....

21 - 22 of 22 Posts