What do you use?

Discussion in 'Show Circuit' started by alyssa_romine, Aug 26, 2008.

1. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    I was wandering what everyone uses as a show box? I currently dont have anything for a show box so all ideas are welcome!
  2. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Well, nothing yet...just put everything in rubbermaids. BUT, my dad has these big plastic toolboxes that have wheels and a handle to pull them with, got them at Lowe's or something and I think they would be perfect for a show box. I just need to get one...or two. :)

3. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    my dad passed almost 2 years ago now
    as being the only heir i had to "deal"
    after days of spent organizing the house i had to go deal with the garage and the barn
    (my dad had his own lure (trapping) business and there were jars and jugs and bottles and barrels all over)
    got the garage done in a little under 2 days then off to the barn
    among the cases and cases of bottles and lids and boxes and boxes of traps and whatever needed tools and accessories i found this old wooden trunk
    i brought the trunk home
    scrubbed it in and out and repainted and
    show trunk!
    sorry for the long story to get to a short answer but i felt the need to share
    i found dad's death certificate last night and it sorta threw me...
  4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    aww :hug:

As to what I use --- a bag with all my stuff in it. :shrug:
  5. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    We've used rubbermaid boxes and we have a long narrow box made for us to use at fair because the alleyways are so narrow. We have a couple boxes that look like footlocks with wheels. We got them at Wal-mart on clearance for $5.00 last year. These are the best and great for a one or two day show. The foot locker and wooden box both have place for a lock and a way to lock them to a fence. The locking part is important I've had to many things walk off. Shelly
  6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Years ago I bought my daughter a Black and Decker case. It is Orange and black and on wheels. It has several different places to put her things. She has all the SHOW halters on the bottom and the top area is the grooming brushes and things. It is wonderful. They can be found at like Home Depot, Lowe's, and sometimes Wal Mart. It is the best thing we have ever bought for the shows. The wheels are the best.
  7. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    Thanks guys! I was going to look for a locking box, I ususally take a lot of stuff too so I thought a bigger box was needed, last year I had a small one and had several things to carry so a bigger one is needed. I did find a tool box that would work very well but it was $60 :shocked: