The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
812109E5-A829-4C04-95A7-F43703C30A36.jpeg
I was giving this doeling last night and she doesn't look right to me. She's a Savanna and 4-6 months old I can life her so I would say around 50 pounds. She thin and the people that gave her to me said she's only been on pasture. Last night I gave her a copper bolus, wormed with safe Guard, and gave .5cc of BoSe. She's in her own pen and last night I gave her hay which I grass. This morning I did my chores and fed her grain and alfalfa pellets and she doesn't seem to know what grain is, I know that will come with time. Do I need to give her anything else or just time? I also have Pen, LA 200 and Di-Methox on hand does she need any of those?

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Do you have a buddy for her? At least somebody near by so she can see another goat so she's not alone.
I'd give her some b complex and probios just because going to a new home is stressful. Does she have her CDT's? I'd also get a fecal inc. coccidia to be on the safe side.
Congratulations she's a pretty little doeling.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have a buddy for her? At least somebody near by so she can see another goat so she's not alone.
I'd give her some b complex and probios just because going to a new home is stressful. Does she have her CDT's? I'd also get a fecal inc. coccidia to be on the safe side.
Congratulations she's a pretty little doeling.
No idea about CDT I did give that last night too, sorry forgot that. She right across the fence from my herd I didn't know if she would be ok to go in with them right away or not.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
If you have any concerns about her health I wouldn't expose your herd. I'd keep her in quarantine for awhile. Not only that, they can get to know each other a bit from afar so the introductions can go smoother. It's always harder introducing a single goat into an established herd. It's better to do it in pairs so they have a buddy.

·
Registered
30,673 Posts
She looks to have lice as well. Cylence works well 1 cc per 25# down her top line and booster in 3 weeks.
so she got Safeguard, Bose and Copper as well as CD&T? Be sure to booster her CD&T in 21 days.
Safeguard is not an effective wormer now a days..hows her famacha?
Make sure to do feed changes slowly..hay and alfalfa is perfect and introduce grain slowly over a few weeks.
I would also suggest probiotics 3 days in a row
Garlic paste daily would rally help her immune system. You can blend fresh raw garlic in enough olive oil to make a paste and feed her a teaspoon once daily.
Looks like she landed a good home...she's a pretty girl and will look amazing once you have her up and going.

·
8,197 Posts
Unless she is running a fever and/or has an infection, I wouldn't give any of the antibiotics. (Penicillin, dimethox and LA-200).
Since she was still on her mom, make sure she is drinking enough water.

She is a cute goat!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok never done the FAMACHA thing before looks like she is in the middle of category 3/4. Temp is 102.4. What wormer should I use?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts