The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to take Timber to be bred this weekend but I wonder if she got bred by her own buckling. He was with her til the buckling was 4 months old.
He showed some interest n her but I never saw her do anything but shake him off. I do think the bred Dottie. He left in mid-August.
She has had a white, crusty discharge on her vulva for most of the last month or more. It disappears for a day or so but comes right back. There are no other signs of anything going on and she doesn't look bred according to the pooch test while Dottie does.

· Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tim went off to the buck today- I was surprised to see that she was almost as big as he is. The lady who has the buck said that Tim is a good Boer doe, having a very large rear end. She said she wanted to show her for me- that was a nice compliment to Tim. But I'm strictly a homebody- I wouldn't feel good leaving her alone at the fairgrounds.
Hum- a place where a large rear end is a good thing- maybe I will let her go. lol

· Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I do trust this lady but the fair grounds are old and have seen a bazillion animals- I worry about diseases.
Dottie is so lonely without Tim- I keep going out to give her a scratch but then she doesn't want me to go. Hopefully Tim will come home soon but I want her to stay til she misses a heat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.