What else is going to go wrong this week?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by mistyblue, Mar 2, 2010.

1. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    I had our farm truck today as I needed to go and get it inspected. I leave work for lunch, and what happens the darn thing breaks down and I have to walk back to work, with no lunch. Luckly it broke down approx. a mile from work so not to far to walk.

I call Wallace who is still at work and cannot get to the truck for atleast another hour to hour and a half.

UGGGG! :hair:

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    It seems like it all hits at once. Believe me I know.

Hang in there. My truck died and would not start. We prayed and asked the lord to help us figure out what we were to do. Next thing we realized we were in the Ford dealership and bought a brand new pickup with only 22 miles on it.

I tell you it is hard to do that in this economy but I know it was the right thing to do as the lord guided us to go there.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that isn't a fun experience.... at all.... :( hang in there.. it will get better..... I know what you are going through..... :hug: :sigh:

4. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

I'm sorry :hug: When it rains it pours right?

My chicks arrived from the hatchery today and 9 were dead when I got the box (got them 10 mins after they arrived at the post office) then another 12 or so have died. 21 total. the hatchery is going to replace them and thinks the transport is the cause. But man...how heartbreaking to be checking on them every 20 minutes and have another dead each time.
    Then - because that wasn't enough - my horses got out and went running around the neighborhood! Luckily some passer bys and home owners helped me catch them.
    Just...yuck...what a yucky day. So, I am there with ya'. I hope you get it running soon. Good luck!

5. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    I am so sorry about your baby chicks, now that really is a bad day. LOL, when you want them you cannot catch them and when you dont you cannot get them off of you. Now that sounds like our horses.

One good thing about all this going wrong is that it happened on a good week for us. He was not offshore like he was suppose to be, it would have really sucked if he was gone and the truck broke.

6. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

Thank goodness for small miracles right? If something is going to go wrong, at least it happened when you have support and help.

We managed to save 6 of the chicks with antibiotics and brown sugar mixed into their water. We are replacing them with heavier breed chicks because I think the tiny ones are just to frail to make the trip. This was like a "pretty" chicken mix; the hatchery let me switch to a heavy mix with things like stars, rocks, wyondettes, leghorns, etc. I am hoping the new ones making it okay!

Oh yeah, if I don't want my horses there...like their heads in the feed buck or blocking the stream of water from filling their trough...there they are!! But nooo...I wanna catch them because my gelding ran out into the road, clipped, and scrapped his side...pffsshht they're not coming anywhere near me. Stinkers!