The Goat Spot Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Im sorry. I didnt mean to make all those feelings come back. If I lost my bottle baby, Chocolate chip, I would be heartbroke. Hes my herd starter, but he is my whole world!! I raised his since he was three days old. Fudge, my 1 1/2 year old mancha, is so sweet and she comes running to me when she sees my car pull into the driveway to greet me. I love my manchas. best investment Ive made other than my dogs. :] Youre barns coming along great. Im looking for pallets to use for doors for my enclosure Ive built. It's taken me 8 months to get it to where it is at bc Im the only one working on it. LOL my husband says its my hobby, and plus he works over 8 hours a day and goes to school. Its work but it is totally worth it!

·
Registered
628 Posts
and gertie is so adorable.

·
Wendylou
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Awww, you didn't bring those bad feelings back, I carry them, as we all do. I would love to see a picture of yours that your building! I'm working on mine by myself right now so it may take me 8 months to finish it as well! Haha
It's fun though and I know when I'm through, these babies will be safe and warm come the harsh winter. I think after this project, I would like to tinker into another one but maybe not so big....maybe.. A goat box or a doghouse, lol

North Mississippi

·
Registered
628 Posts
Ill upload a group goatie photo with momma lol and i need to take pictures of the half done goat barn. Winters arent bad down here but it is supposed to be colder than ever this yr. so im trying to kick my hiney into high gear to get it at least closed in on the sides. No roof yet either. May tarp it in. Idk well see how it goes lol but definately ill upload it all for you tomorrow

·
Registered
628 Posts
BTW How did you upload just a picture from your video off of your Iphone? I tried with mine so I could get a sketch done on my horse at a gallop, but I couldn't do it. ;{ Mine's an Iphone4 :confused:

·
Wendylou
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
Yes take a group photo! How many little friends do you have? Building a homemade goat barn is not as easy as it looks. I have been recycling material off the property and using. All the old pallets came in handy! There is a pallet factory near by but you can't beat free! Are you in the southern parts as well? How I took a pic from the video.. You have the same phone as I, so I hope I can explain with ease . I played the video to the part I wanted then hit pause. As soon as you hit pause, take a picture with your phone by hitting two buttons on your phone at the very same time, the button at the top right of your phone( this button is usually used to shut your phone down) and the button right below the screen of the phone( the one used to summon Siri ). Hit them at the same time, quickly to take a screen shot and you got your picture. It took me a couple tries but it's easy once you get it down. I hope that helps! North Mississippi

·
Registered
628 Posts
This is my kidding barn its going to be small... Just one goat going in it, and im going to use it as a milking stall too

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Dang, hard thread to read. So sorry for your losses. That picture of you goat and Mr Peter is priceless. Save that; pictures like that transport one's descendants to a bygone era.

Keep all your male friends peeing to their hearts' content around your goat pen. It works. Can you run a VERY hot electric wire around the outside of your paddock? We have bobcat and coyote galore here in KY and have had very good luck protecting my chickens and goats with a hot wire.

·
Wendylou
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Dang, hard thread to read. So sorry for your losses. That picture of you goat and Mr Peter is priceless. Save that; pictures like that transport one's descendants to a bygone era. Keep all your male friends peeing to their hearts' content around your goat pen. It works. Can you run a VERY hot electric wire around the outside of your paddock? We have bobcat and coyote galore here in KY and have had very good luck protecting my chickens and goats with a hot wire.
Thank you! The hot wire is a great idea. I think that is exactly what is next on the list!
I love that picture of mr peter and Sally so much! We were able to tell that it WAS a bobcat. It was seen a few farms down but the man could not get a close enough shot at it. Until then, we are keeping a close eye on things and yes, the men are still doing what they are doing and it seems to be working because we haven't had any trouble since.

North Mississippi

·
Registered
31,518 Posts
Beautiful pictures!..Im so sorry for your loss....very heart breaking...
I agree keep them boys peeing!!! its not crazy at all!!..very smart.

Best wishes

·
Registered
86 Posts
A slightly funny aside: tell your male friends not to pee on the hot wire. I know a guy that did that. Seriously. He got a significant jolt you-know-where.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Sorry for your loss! I'm glad to hear you have the attacks under control now. I lost two of my young one to neck injuries that ended up being from one of my own dogs....needless to say he is gone to a new home and we will be getting an LGD in the spring. Coyotes are thick around here where I am...we have a 5 ft fence with 2 strands of barb wire on top and they will still get in if they want something! Scary stuff!! Good luck with everything!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Weasel

It sounds like weasel to me. They'll kill for the sport of killing and may eat some but never touch other animals. They did that with our rabbits. You department of wildlife should have a list of trappers. I prefer live traps because the risk of a non-target species getting caught in the leg trap.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Heres the finished product!!!! :D all i have to do is paint the outside and put some sealant on the roof and presto! Well and the gate to keep them babies safe and sound :)

·
Wendylou
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Heres the finished product!!!! :D all i have to do is paint the outside and put some sealant on the roof and presto! Well and the gate to keep them babies safe and sound :)
I don't think the picture posted. I'm excited to see it!!!

North Mississippi

41 - 60 of 64 Posts