The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Care giver of 4 milkers, one doeling, and One beau
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:mecry:My doeling, My sweet annastaysia born this march passed away in the night. We don't know why the only possiblility is that she had the diarreah virus that was going through our herd and we didn't know and didn't catch it in time.
Annastaysia meant ressurection and that what I wish would happen or that new life would come because she died. She was beautiful and fawn brown. Small and delicate she had fought for the first few weeks of her life before she surrendred to the bottle. We had been through so much together. We wrapped her in a old sheet and placed her on a cart until we can bury her tomorrow morning. :( Why is life so short? We all loved her and spoiled her but she's no longer with us. Any stories that could cheer me up or at least make me relize that others have gone through this. I need some emotional support. :angelgoat:

·
Super Moderator
58,847 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. We all go through losses. You can give them the best of everything and there will still be losses. :hug:

·
Registered
30,566 Posts
Im sorry for your loss..:(...

·
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sniffle :tear:

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
I know sweetie. it's the worst losing a little one. I lost my little guy in December....have no clue why either.

I'm really so sorry for your loss. :hug:

·
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks so much. We burried her. I'm sorry for your loss too.

·
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, I think it would have been easier if we hadn't just thought she was doing great.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I lost my sweetest boy Jax a month ago, he was 13 and was at the vet a couple weeks prior for routine shots and exam. He was in good health . I walked by the goat pen that day to walk my dog which took about a 1/2 hour went into the house, peeked out the window like I always do to check on the goats and he was down. I ran out to his barn, he was laying at the door but he was already gone. I dnt know what happened possibly heart attack because it was so sudden. Besides human life this is the worst sorrow I have ever felt. He was a sweet soul that did not suffer. I will never foget him. The other goats still look and call for him and I can see how much they miss him. always loved never forgotten

·
558 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like he had a long happy life.
I understand how you feel. When I lost my 13 year old Lab a few year back I was devastated. He was my first baby before I had kids. I have lost other pets, but he really made a lasting imprint on my soul. He was more than a pet, he really was my best friend.
I hope you find peace in the happy memories and know that it is okay to feel the sorrow in his loss.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Ohhhh I am so very sorry. They are just so easy to love and hurts that much more when they pass. The last 2 years I lost 3 of my 4 favorite goats and it does not get any easy. The last one I went threw a spell where I swore all giants were good for was breaking my heart. I really don't know what to tell you to cheer you up.....I know....I had baby bunnies last night and you can have one :). (Did that get a little smile?)

·
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ohhhh I am so very sorry. They are just so easy to love and hurts that much more when they pass. The last 2 years I lost 3 of my 4 favorite goats and it does not get any easy. The last one I went threw a spell where I swore all giants were good for was breaking my heart. I really don't know what to tell you to cheer you up.....I know....I had baby bunnies last night and you can have one :). (Did that get a little smile?)
I am so sorry I haven't been paying attention. Giants. I'm sorry it just sounds so funny.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
I was all 'what they heck are these people talking about??? Giants???' Now I see. My phone loves to help me spell :) I ment goats but hey I'm sure giants could do the same lol.....see I got a smile out of ya yet ;)

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss :hug: There are really no words that can be said to heal a heart that has been broken, what has gotten me through the losses I've had, the most recent being my 13 year old beloved doe Bootsie, was to read the Rainbow Bridge poem.... I know that my girl is with her original herdmates and is waiting for me.

Your little girl is waiting there for the time she see's you again :hug:

·
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:) ;(

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
I had a pygmy goat doeling once who was the sweetest thing!!! She was all black except her ears but her personality is why I fell in love with her. One day she was absolutely normal. Next day i was helping my church clean up branches from this big storm that came through once I got home I went to go check on my goats and feed them. Well I had my feed and went into the stall and she was dead. My first goat that ever died. I ran inside and got my mom but I was in shock but trying not to cry because we had a lot of guest over. It was the most horrible thing and I think what tears me up the most is because I don't know what caused it and it made me feel like I had failed. It broke my heart. Now I am paranoid and keep remembering her and hoping I don't ever see my goats like that again!!! Although I had a few more sicknesses and it killed two of my goats, but thanks to this forum it has helped me learn so much more about goats than I had. Also it makes me feel a little better that other people have went through this. It hurts I know but it helps me as a goat herder to strive for my goals as to keeping a healthy herd. Last year was a rotten year but for Pete's sake!!! This year is gonna be way better than the last or I'm just gonna go insane!!! So sorry for your loss :(

Sent from my iPad using Goat Forum

1 - 20 of 26 Posts