What have I done?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by StaceyRosado, Dec 15, 2007.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Due date for my girls

Sweet Pea - May 1, 2008
    Aspen - May 1, 2008
    Destiny - May 5, 2008
    Mia - May 5, 2008
    Misty - May 10, 2008 (aprox due date)
    Flicka - unsure if bred if so May 12, 2008

AHHHHHH :hair:

LOL BUT there is one good thing in all this. If I feel so stressed I maybe able to take a week or a couple days off and then they would all kid and then I can go back to work :D

Am I nuts or what?

praying :pray: I get a new barn for Christmas :christmastree: :xmasangel:

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    You did very good by me!! It's warm out then AND my B'day is May 1st!! LOL.

I'm sure they will all do fine!

3. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yah but where will I put them all! But thankfully I will have time to build something and I know I have a waiting list for all the kiddos.

OOO babies! I can't wait. Just reading their due dates (if they all settle like they did last year) makes me excited :D

4. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Stacey it looks like we will be pulling our hair out and chewing our finger nails off about the same time.
    Here is my line up so far.

Bootsie April 30, 08
    Dancer May 4, 08
    Angel May 4, 08
    Charm May 5, 08

Jewel is being courted by the buck today so her due date will likely be May 14, 08

Now only 5 more does to go.

5. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I sold all but one doe last year that's old enough to breed ans she won't be due untill June. :(

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well then sara you can get your baby fix from all our kiddies and when we are finally able to sit back and rest you can be enjoying us with your pictures of your kiddos :D

Thanks Teresa you make me feel better! I was wondering if I was crazy for breeding that many so close together!

and it does look like Flicka was bred some time this week (I was able to get a closer check on her) so her due date is more then likely closer to Misty's.

7. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I guess Stacy's right.On the bright side I'l l be out of school by then and I won't have to worry about not being there if there was a complication.

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    totaly agree! Being home will give you such a peace of mind. That is something I miss with having to work.

9. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Well the thing with a herd is everyone seems to come into heat around the same time. Luckly half my herd had just went in heat days before I got the buck so when he came in he went right to work on the other half as they came in heat so I think the other half will get bred in a couple weeks.

We can call each other crazy but I like all my babies born around the same time so I get it all done and have all my babies bouncing around together. I kinda wish I had gotten them bred earlier but I was waiting on the new girls I had gotten to get their weights up and to settle into the herd. But with May babies atleast it will be warm. This year maybe I won't be sitting on a heating pad waiting for a doe to kid. LOL

10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you know you are right on that, I will stop fretting and actually know that I have accomplished a good thing - getting it all done at once.

I am always a mess when it comes down to kidding time so this way it will all be within a week to 10 days and my mom will be happy with that :D

11. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    i will be pulling my hair out to
    my line up
    1 march 39th 2 a[ril 1st ,one april 4 & one isn't bred yet but should be around may 20th.
    last year i had 2 onfeb 22nd,1 the 23rd 1 the 24 & 2 the 25th it does keep you busy but you get to have your break down all at once :lol:

12. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Babies Babies Babies!!!

I have My first doe due is Upset on Feb 24, my second due is Ginger on March 16 (she is a first freshener and already showing!!!!) My third due is Sapphire sometime in April, my fourth due is Chenille on April 24 (hopefully she settled this time) And my fifth due is Azriel on May 1st or 7th.

13. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Fritzie you are right on about having the breakdown all at once. LOL Sounds like you bred later this year too. I did early breeding last year and like to have froze.

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    me freezing isn't the issue with breeding later. I choose to breed later so I don't have to worry about frozen kids.

May is the earliest I will ever breed for

15. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I am breeding late this year because this doe has never kidded before but I would like to have no more after may after this year because it gets so hot.In May thispast year it was in the 90's.

16. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Well the kids didnt seem to be bothered by the cold but they were in the barn. Now the heat is one thing. I have had them born in the heat and you just can't seem to cool them. Hard to find that happy medium sometimes. Here April is the best month to kid so I can see where May would be the best for where you live.

17. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    may or June is best here in southern NJ. July, August and early September are way to hot. But mid to late september till mid November are again cool yet warm.

We have very odd weather here.

18. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    March and April are the best but early May is o.k. I just hope June will be mild this year.

19. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    LOL Believe me Stacey, in my opinion, it is better to have a kidding storm(several does kidding in a brief period) than it is to have them spread out. We have 2 kidding storms set up(first one is 6 does in 4 days and the 2nd is 8 does in 5 days) then the rest are spread out. It seems to be easier on me to pull my hair out in one big bunch than it is to have to wait for those single kidders to kid that are spread out all over the place.

Anyway, you'll have fun regardless :D

20. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well I shall know here soon.

I wanted them in groups of 2 but really I just wanted them all bred. :D

I use the money from the kids to buy hay