The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really can't find anything that works really well.. I wanna clean up there paddock but nothing really scoops it well.. What have you found that works really good?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Good question, I'd like to see the replies also. The scoops designed for cleaning horse stalls don't work very well with goat berries. When it comes times to clean stalls I just use a big heavy duty pitchfork and scoop the dirty bedding up in clumps until I see the dirt floor. Then we put fresh pine shavings down.

·
Banned
43 Posts
I assume by paddock, you mean an outdoor area with no bedding. I use a sturdy metal dust pan with the handle bent up at a 90 degree angle, with a 4' broom handle inserted as a scooper, and a small broom to brush the berries in.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
A front-end loader or skid-steer. LOL They don't work for the sheds, though, so there I use a 6-tined manure fork, then rake up what is left and use one of those plastic manure forks like the ones used in horse stalls. Anything that falls through is raked out level and left. If you are cleaning a level surface, try an aluminum scoop shovel. It get's everything, holds a lot and, because it's aluminum, it's pretty light-weight.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I hAve a front end loader with a bucket that has manure tines on it ,works good to pull apart the hay,that is if u can get in to the area,I use to clean stalls from winter that were built up

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
We use a leaf rake for getting it into a pile, and then shovel it into a bucket. Then we take it to our manure pile and give it out to people as fertilizer :)

·
Amber
1,339 Posts

·
Registered
31,449 Posts
My kids lol

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yeah like what a lot of people say. A rake works the best for me:) I have mostly dirt and grass so it's not that hard to rake lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts