What I have discovered about my does conformation wise

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Sonrise Farm, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Daisy is wider and deeper than she was in the picture I showed you all . . .She is very pudgy, and I sincerely hope she is bred. :pray: She definitely needs a longer, slimmer neck! Her body is fairly long, but could be longer. . .also I would like to see tighter toes and shoulders. . .also sharper withers. Her smooth blending takes my breath away! She is a sweet tempered doe . . .

Sacajawea is not half as bad looking as in the picture. Under her winter coat she has a long, slim neck, also a fairly long body and nice sharp withers. Her rump is not as steep as I thought it was---now that she is relaxing and becoming more at home, her rump is not so tucked under and tense; and so it's not as steep as it looked. She could benefit straighter legs (her's are not bad) and I would like to see a smoother topline. Her long teats take my breath away! She is due in three months! I have just discovered her half sister, who is a very pretty chocolate colored doe simular in conformation.

Anyway, I didn't get to take pictures todya because it was pouring cats and dogs and also it was really misty . ..I am praying for a clearer day tomorrow however.

Hope you had a nice weekend!

2. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    They're very pretty girls...no goat is perfect so it's always nice to be able to identify their weak areas so you can breed with a buck that will compliment them and improve those weak areas in the does kids. You have a good eye--I think you're going to build a very beautiful herd.