The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago I noticed this spot on my doe. It is a typical location for CL but it is not a lump, bump or swelling. No open sore or anything to make me suspect CL. So I am not thinking it is CL but what can it be. The area seems to be losing the hair and the darker spot is rough to the touch. She has a nice coat and is not itching and there are no lice or mites. It is the only spot like that on her and the other goats are not showing any thing like this. I am stumped, was thinking of putting some iodine on it????

·
14,615 Posts
It looks like a scrape to me too, if it's not bothering her I wouldnt be too concerned. They manage to get boo-boos in the darndest places.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My goat had something like this,but hers was on her side right in front of her hip. We never really found out what it was but she wasn't bothered by it so I don't know if this is any help but she is still fine.

·
80 Posts
Have you noticed if she goes to the same slot when she eats? you might check the slots to see if there's rough edges you could sand down. We had a doe that always squeezed into a little feeding area we had for the babies, she was losing her hair on her side, so I wrapped cloth around the area that was scraping her. I'm a worry wart about safety around our goats, more then my granddaughter!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts