what in the world?!?!

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by sixshooterfarm, Feb 8, 2008.

1. sixshooterfarm

sixshooterfarm New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    Ok, so I just let my bottle baby in from out on the back patio, it is warmer tonight than it has been. Well I went out to feed him a bottle and he wasent too interested, ok fine, I just fed him about 2 hours ago, but then I watched him walk away and he would walk then just fall over, get back up and walk fine. He is acting like his back legs are not wanting to work right. He keeps stretching and acting like his back legs just quit working then he walks around fine again..... I am thinking, if he keeps stretching like that, do you think he is constiaptated and he is just falling over cause his belly hurts??? what do you guys think?

2. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Another thing would be UC, does he seem really uncomfortable? Hmm, what about a lack of selenium?

3. sixshooterfarm

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    He is only a week old?? And I just saw him pee today with no problem at all. I dont know, he is just acting weird.....but not like floppy kid syndrome or anything.. he was just alying flat out, I thought he was dyeing, but nope, he popped right up and wanted a bottle, but he wont eat the bottle, there is nothing in his mouth, he keeps strtching, I havent seen him poop yet. What should I do.

4. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Hmm, I am no expert lol. But you may want to give him some veggie oil (I think that is what you are supposed to use, can't remember for sure though) and see if that helps a bit. Yeah I doubt you have to worry about UC on a week old kid LOL.

5. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    If he were here he would be getting 10cc orally of c,d antitoxin and 10cc sq of c,d antitoxin then if I were unsure of his last poop I would do a soapy water enema with a syringe. This is the prime age when bottle babies tend to come down with ethro. If that isnt it the antitoxin will not hurt him but if it is it could save his life. Take his temp and see what it is also. Wait 2 or 3 hours before you try to feed him after doing the antitoxin, you want an empty stomach for it to work well.

How is he this morning?

6. sixshooterfarm

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    He is fine, he was just constipated last night. He is much better and back to himself. Now I am feeding him whole cows milk, never had one get constipated from it before. Is there anything I can give him to prevent this with the other babies??

7. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    I add karo syrup to the whole cows milk to prevent this. Give me some time and I will look through my notes and find how much to use per gallon. Glad he is better.