What is a good boer buck worth?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by heathersboers, Jan 20, 2010.

1. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    I have been trying to sell "wildman" for about a month- he is 35 inches at the shoulder and above 200 Lbs-maybe 250-he leads-throws beautiful kids, and his sire is DER War Paint who sold for $26,000 in 2006. he has a great pedigree. I have had him listed on Craigslist for $700. I thought that was pretty fair considering I paid $2500 for him 2 years ago. I dont need him breeding his daughters, and i sure would hate to take him to the livestock sell-he would bring about $200 there. What do you guys think would be a fair price for him?? All the offers I have had on him have fell through-Opinions please!!

2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    I'm not sure, but wanted to say he's a hunk! I love the muscle mass :) Good luck finding him a home!

3. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    If you weren't so far away I know someone who might buy him. I could talk to him and let him know for you. maybe something could be worked out on getting 2 states over.

4. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Whew - what a nice buck! CraigsList is not such a good place for great bucks like him. Mostly people wanting cheap animals from there. Have you tried goatfinder and other sites for selling?

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    good looking, CL isnt that great for selling breeding bucks of that price range.

:)

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    have to agree -- CL will get you very few serious breeders.

there is a livestock site I keep getting emails for since i signed up over a year ago let me look .............oo I found it

http://www.ruralads.com/

7. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    Thanks y'all- I will try that!!! Yp CL hasnt done much for me-It does help mw with my $200-$300 goats, but not a buck....yet....

8. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I'd definitely keep your add on CL though, as I've sold a buck for $700 on there before, you just never know. That sounds like a decent price to me, hope he sells for you.

9. KGW Farms

KGW Farms New Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Scales mound, IL
    I agree, keep CL but be cautious with responses. Have you tried Boergoats.com? They have a free classified area. Do you have a website? Many of mine were sold based on folks typing into google what they wanted and my site popped up. I like his full saddle/cape!