The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
10,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a goat for sale on my local craigslist that said it was 75% Texmaster and 25% Boer with a 50/50 boer/texmaster mother and full blood Texmaster father. What is that?

· Registered
10,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sooooo are fainting goats meat goats? Does that mean that a texmaster is smaller than a boer but bigger than a myotonic. I just find this odd.

· Raising Nigerian Dwarf DAIRY Goats, registered wit
3,693 Posts
Sooooo are fainting goats meat goats? Does that mean that a texmaster is smaller than a boer but bigger than a myotonic. I just find this odd.
Yes fainters are meat goats.

· Registered
33 Posts
I didn't like really like them. I tried them to improve parasite resistance & was not impressed. I have since gone to Spanish & life is so much easier for me now. I was looking for goats that were very self sufficient & the Spanish are just that.

· Premium Member
10,547 Posts
I think they are so pretty. Like a goat on steroids.

· Registered
3,499 Posts
If we could speed the growth up a little then they would be great. If only I had space and money and I would give it a try. Unfortunately I have neither lol

· Registered
3,499 Posts
You could always mix in some nubian or other early maturing breed. I say nubian because it is fairly easy to find a more meat or dual purpose type than other dairy breeds. I wouldnt add in a lot. Really, for the finished product if you will, I'd like less that 15% nubian. Just enough to add in growth rate. Honestly, the right boers could add size. Maybe use the bigger of the myotonics. They arent all super small framed. I think your really looking at more hybrid vigor with more breeds.

I love savannas and would like to incorporate them as well but haven't quite decided how or where

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.